With more than $14 billion in domestic mobile games revenue projected by 2021, China is the single most important market in the world for mobile games. There are more than 500 million gamers in China, more than the entire population of the United States, which presents a great opportunity for global game developers and publishers. However, regulations and other factors make it challenging for foreign companies to launch mobile games in China - it's critical to understand the market and take the right steps.
Key takeaways from the analysis:
- Mobile game revenue is the fastest growing segment and is projected to overtake PC online games in 2018, making up 58% of total games revenue in 2021.
- There were 503 million mobile gamers in 2016, rising to 699 million in 2021.
- Domestic market size in 2016 was $8.4 billion, rising to $14.4 billion in 2021.
- The demand for esports and the expansion into new genres suitable for core gamers are two of many drivers in the fast-growth mobile games market.
- The Top 20 of 400+ Android app stores account for 95% of distribution.
Market share of new, expensive phones has fallen dramatically to the
demand for quality, low-cost Android phones with mid to high-end specs.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
3. China's Mobile Games Market Overview
4. Segments, Genres & Trends
5. Publishers & Distribution Channels
6. Gamer Insights
7. Mobile Devices & Hardware
9. Launching a Mobile Game in China
10. M&A Events
11. Glossary & Background Data
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n95h5w/2017_china_topic