DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Bluetooth Low Energy IoT: A Market Dynamics Report" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
Ongoing improvements with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) combined with low cost chips and a large and growing developer community have made BLE a leading Internet of Things (IoT) technology. Billions of BLE enabled smartphones has created a massively scaled ecosystem for IoT developers. BLE is driving markets such as health and fitness wearable sensors where low power and 1 MB/s throughput is required. The expanded network range, throughput and capacity with Bluetooth 5 as well as the completion of the Bluetooth mesh specification has also made BLE a disruptor for fixed sensor networks.
BLE's biggest competition comes from 802.15.4 and the Thread/Zigbee ecosystem with a decade of development on IoT wireless sensor networking. Combo chips are a growing trend and BLE/802.15.4 chips provide a future-proofing solution. Multi-protocol chips and modules with BLE have become the sensor interface for the next generation of wireless sensor networks (WSN) where smart devices provide the app and GUI. BLE as an add-on is emerging for asset tracking, remote monitoring and workflow optimization in manufacturing, healthcare, food services, hospitality and other enterprises.
Between 2016 and 2022, annual shipments of BLE chipsets for IoT markets will increase by 524%. Wireless sensor network BLE markets such as industrial sensors, smart homes and building automation will increase 3X faster than other BLE IoT markets over this period. Research for this report includes interviews with the major BLE chipset/module suppliers, device makers and service providers. In addition, we surveyed hundreds of commercial and industrial IoT users and developers, dozens of brick and mortar stores and thousands of consumers.
For this report, we interviewed the major BLE chipset/module suppliers, device makers and service providers. In addition, we surveyed hundreds of commercial and industrial IoT users and developers, dozens of brick and mortar stores and thousands of consumers. This report covers the opportunities and threats for BLE in 24 IoT market segments including 6-year market size forecasts (units and revenues). It also includes BLE IoT chipset market shares, an in-depth value system analysis of hundreds of companies and profiles of 40+ BLE market leaders and innovators.
Market forces analysis of each of the major BLE IoT markets including the following:
- Smart Home
- Entertainment RF Controls
- Health & Wellness
- Sports & Fitness
- Personal Area/Wearables
- Building Automation & Commercial Services
- Industrial Automation, Logistics, Agriculture & Construction
- Smart Cities
- Retail, Automotive and Others
Application areas, or solutions, across each of the target markets above:
- Audio/Video Controls
- Health & Fitness
- Safety, security and environmental monitoring
- Condition monitoring/asset management
Technologies & Standards
- Extensive technology evaluation on BLE and variations such as Bluetooth mesh.
- Competing alternatives such as 802.15.4/Zigbee/Thread, WiFi, Z-Wave, EnOcean, proprietary and others.
- Standards developments, emerging trends, and what it means for your critical strategic planning.
Market Sizing (2016-2022)
Total addressable market sizing for wireless sensing and control and associated low power wireless applications.
Global market size forecasts on BLE RFIC/modules including the following breakdowns:
- Target Markets
- Design Type (chipset vs RF module)
In-depth analysis on the average sale price (ASP) per BLE module (or the OEM cost equivalent for in-house chipset based designs)
The BLE Value System
Product segmentation: In-depth analysis and research data on over 100 companies that are having the biggest impact for the BLE IoT market today in the following segments:
- RF Modules/Network stacks
- Software/Cloud services
- IT/Automation Platforms
Market Shares: BLE chipset market shares by units shipped in 2016
Disruption & Sustainability: for BLE chipset suppliers and module providers
Each company was evaluated using the following criteria:
- Current offerings, products and services
- Financials, partners, go-to-market strategy
- Protocols supported, chipset design, frequencies, tools, integration, software, key features...
- Evaluation on potential for disruption based on innovation, pricing, etc.
- Evaluation on potential for sustainability based on financials, strategic alliances and current market shares
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bvd8vn/bluetooth_low