CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--iZotope, Inc., Emmy Award-winning experts in intelligent audio technology, announce a new hardware product, Spire Studio. This versatile, wireless system enables songwriters and musicians of all genres to capture, edit, and collaborate seamlessly – at home, or on the road. Inspired by the recognition that great music can come from anywhere, iZotope designed Spire to go everywhere.
Whether capturing a moment of inspiration or collaborating with remote bandmates on a series of tracks, Spire Studio works together with the free, integrated iOS app to deliver a new kind of recording experience encapsulated in a coffee cup-sized device and mobile phone. The wireless system solves for the technical and logistical hurdles that get in the way of capturing creative ideas – making professional quality, multi-track recording spontaneous and simple.
“The product journey started on a personal note – playing music with my wife. We decided we wanted to make a recording but all of the technology got in the way,” explained iZotope co-founder and CEO, Mark Ethier. “What should have been a fun, creative moment turned into a headache, and in the end, we left for dinner without capturing a single note. Spire Studio was designed from the ground up to solve this problem. At iZotope, we’re using the latest technology to make high quality recording easy and inspirational with the goal to help musicians focus on their creative vision and not the technical aspects behind it.”
With iZotope’s intelligent, automatic audio processing, Spire Studio’s hardware and integrated app provides a wealth of creative applications allowing musicians to mix, layer, edit, and wirelessly share music with collaborators, send to hosting and discovery platforms, or upload to storage services to access the music from anywhere.
Spire Features & Capabilities
Regardless of location or how many days there are in a tour, the recording studio will never have to be left behind. Simple, compact, and Wi-Fi enabled, Spire Studio’s features and capabilities include:
- Internal studio-quality microphone for a professional sound
- Automatically set recording levels with a single button to eliminate set-up time and distorted sounds
- Record with a wealth of creative effects such as reverbs, delays, and amp models with zero-latency monitoring
- iZotope's award-winning intelligent sound processing technology gives recordings professional polish
- Add depth to your song by layering up to eight tracks per project
- Ditch the cables with a built-in Wi-Fi connection from Spire Studio to the Spire app
- Battery operated so you can record for hours on the go
- Grace Design preamps for pristine clarity
- Two combo jacks for plugging in your instruments or mics with +48 V phantom power
- Automatically sync tracks between hardware and software for seamless version control
- LED touchscreen to adjust volume, mute, and delete tracks without slowing your creative flow
- Intuitive mixing and editing helps create a polished song ready to share
- Collaborate on projects with bandmates anywhere in the world — straight from your iPhone
- Easily export your music to a computer or favorite audio editing software like Pro Tools, iMovie, and Logic, or upload to storage platforms like iCloud, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
Capabilities will also expand over time with continued updates from iZotope.
Availability & Spire on Tour
Beginning in Fall 2017, Spire Studio will be available for $349 at Spire.live and at select retailers.
To help introduce Spire Studio to the world, iZotope will be on the road in a retrofitted mobile recording studio as comfortable and compact as a living room. Making stops at music hot spots and festivals including Hopscotch Music Festival, AmericanaFest, and Bourbon & Beyond, Spire Studio will also be collaborating with NPR Music in field recordings and intimate performances along the way.
“Spire Studio’s support of NPR Music is in perfect alignment with iZotope’s belief that great music can come from anywhere, said iZotope co-founder and CEO, Mark Ethier. “Public radio has and will continue to have an important role in the discovery and development of talented up-and-coming artists, wherever they may originate from or find inspiration.”
Follow Spire.live for iZotope’s evolving route and see the latest behind-the-scenes tour content along the way.
At iZotope, we’re obsessed with great sound. Our intelligent audio technology helps musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the tech behind it. We design award-winning software, plug-ins, hardware, and mobile apps powered by the highest quality audio processing, machine learning, and strikingly intuitive interfaces. iZotope: the shortest path from sound to emotion.
Founded in 2001, iZotope is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. To learn more, visit us at www.izotope.com and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.