LAKE FOREST, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--My Choice Software announces a new streamlined process and automation tool to determine the optimal Microsoft license configuration for an organization’s information technology structure. The process examines users, devices, server specifications, and virtualization to compute license requirements using the new CALculator tool.
"We found that even experienced IT pros are often over or under licensed, wasting money or risking audits and lawsuits. There's over 80,000 licensing configurations, so I developed the CALculator to instantly check all of them to determine each user's optimal licensing option, helping to save money and ensure compliance." - My Choice Software Marketing Manager, Shem Weissman
The CALculator saves time by assisting IT professionals with the complicated and tedious task of identifying existing license compliance gaps and saves money by ensuring optimal spend on future license procurements. In addition, the CALculator tool mitigates compliance risk by helping customers avoid a Microsoft Software Asset Management (SAM) audit. Non-compliance with Microsoft standards can result in heavy penalties for organizations without the correct licensing.
The CALculator, targeting Microsoft Windows Server, is available free at My Choice Software to immediately assist customers. Licensing for other Microsoft server software will be available this fall.
CALculator takes the following data into consideration to generate an optimal licensing scheme:
- Local Users - How many people will be using this system in-office?
- Local Devices - How many devices will be using this system in-office?
- Remote Users - How many people will be using the system outside the office?
- Remote Device - How many devices will be using this system outside the office?
- Physical Cores (Not Processors) - How many actual cores exist in your machine?
- Physical Processors - How many actual processors exist in your machine?
- Virtual Machines/Virtual Instances - How many virtual machines and/or instances do you need to run on your system?
- Are you currently in a Microsoft S.A.M. audit?
- Do you need downgrade rights?
- Do you need transfer rights?
- Do your users need different permissions?
Users select “Calculate” to compute their optimal licensing configuration.
About My Choice Software:
Learn what software and licensing options are best for your organization at My Choice Software.
My Choice Software is the leading Value Added Reseller of name brand software, catering to the small and medium sized business market. Since launching in 2011, their focus has been leveraging technology to provide a better customer experience and make it easier to buy software.
My Choice Software’s relationship managers provide technical and sales support from their Orange County, California, call center and maintain an A+ BBB rating with 4.7 of 5 stars.