NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--American Express OPEN announced an extension of the Lowe’s Business Rewards Card program which will continue to enable small business Card Members to earn rich rewards and get 5% off at Lowe’s every day when they use the Card on eligible purchases. The Card is designed for small businesses and built to help home improvement contractors, building and construction companies, property management companies and others optimize their business spending.
The Lowe's Business Rewards Card has no annual fee and allows Card Members to earn Lowe’s Business Rewards2 points on eligible Lowe’s purchases and on other business-specific categories, including:
- 3X points per dollar at U.S. restaurants, U.S. office supply stores and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers;
- 2X points per dollar on Lowe's purchases; and
- 1X points on other purchases.
Terms and limitations apply2. Points can be redeemed for Lowe’s Gift Cards and American Express® Gift Cards.
Card Members can earn unlimited Lowe’s Business Rewards points that never expire. Card Members may redeem points for Lowe's Gift Cards, American Express Gift Cards, Gas Rewards Cards and Outdoor Rewards Cards3.
Lowe’s Business Rewards Card Members also get 5% off every day from Lowe’s on eligible Lowe’s purchases. Plus, Card Members can access additional benefits to help run their business including OPEN Savings4 and Lowe’s ProServices.
“We’re thrilled to extend our partnership with Lowe’s and continue to offer rich value to small businesses,” said Audrey Hendley, Senior Vice President, American Express Global Commercial Payments. “The Lowe’s Business Rewards Card gives small business owners the tools they need to better manage spending and earn rewards they can invest towards future growth.”
The Lowe's Business Rewards Card from American Express is available at all Lowe's retail locations. To learn more and apply visit: www.open.com/lowes or call 877-673-6947.
About American Express OPEN
American Express OPEN offers the money, tools and know-how to help you get business done. Through innovative products and services, we help businesses with short-term financing, business management tools, cross border payments, global currency solutions and travel. Learn more about American Express OPEN at www.OPEN.com.
1. Lowe's 5% Discount Subject to credit approval. Get 5% off your qualifying purchase or order charged to your Lowe’s Business Rewards Card from American Express. Valid for purchases in US stores, on Lowes.com, & LowesForPros.com. Customer must pay applicable sales tax. 5% discount will be applied after any other applicable discounts. Offer can’t be combined with other credit-related promotional offers. Can’t be used in conjunction with: any coupon; Lowe’s military discount; Lowe’s employee discount; Lowe’s low price guarantee; Lowe’s volume or special discount programs such as, but not limited to “QSP”; manager discretion price adjustments; contractor packs; or any other offer which expressly states it can’t be combined with any other discount credit offer. Can’t be used in conjunction with the following products and/or services: extended protection/replacement plans; shipping, delivery or assembly charges; fees or taxes; gift cards; Dacor, ICON, Fisher & Paykel, Monogram, Smeg or Liebherr appliances (some brands not available in all markets/stores); or Weber or Kichler products. Excludes Lowe’s Canada Credit products. The above-referenced list of exclusions is accurate as of 7/19/2017. Please visit https://www.onlinecreditcenter6.com/LowesMarketing/marketing/specialOffers_business.jsp to see the most up-to-date list of exclusions. Lowe’s reserves the right to discontinue or alter these terms at any time.
2. Lowe's Business Rewards You will receive 1 Lowe's Business Rewards point (“point”) for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Lowe's Business Rewards Card from American Express (“Card Account”). You will receive 1 additional point (for a total of 2 points) for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card Account at Lowe's stores, and Lowes.com. You will receive 2 additional points (for a total of 3 points) for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card Account at restaurants located in the U.S., at office supply stores located in the U.S. (office supplies purchased at other retail stores are excluded), and on monthly wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. wireless telephone service providers (purchases of hardware and equipment are excluded; any purchases from third parties and resellers are excluded).Lowe’s Business Rewards points can be redeemed for Lowe’s® Gift Cards, American Express® Gift Cards, Gas Reward Cards, and Outdoor Reward Cards (Outdoor Reward Cards retailers include L.L.Bean, Cabela’s®, Austad’s® and Bass Pro Shops®). Redemption starts as low as 2,500 points. All gift and Reward cards are available in $25, $50, and $100 denominations.
Eligible Purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of any cash equivalents.
Merchants are assigned codes based on what they primarily sell. A purchase will not earn additional points if the merchant’s code is not eligible. Purchases made through a third-party payment account or on an online marketplace (with multiple retailers) will not earn additional points. A purchase may not earn additional points if the merchant submits the purchase using a mobile or wireless card reader or if you use a mobile or digital wallet.
3. Lowe's Business Rewards Redemption Options The American Express® Gift Card, the Gas Rewards Card, and Outdoor Rewards Card can be used at U.S. merchants that accept American Express® Cards. No ATM cash withdrawal. Some limitations apply, including restrictions on use at cruise lines or for recurring billing. See Cardholder Agreements for complete details. Cards cannot be redeemed for cash except where required by law. Cards are issued by American Express Prepaid Card Management Corporations.
When using your Card to pay for gasoline, we recommend you prepay inside the station rather than paying for gasoline at the pump. However, if you pay for gasoline at the pump please note many pumps seek a preauthorization before allowing you to use the Card which could be up to $75 or more. This is called a “Preauthorization Request”. If you have insufficient funds on your Card to cover the “Preauthorization Request”, the Card may be declined. When a merchant submits this Preauthorization Request, we will hold the amount of the Preauthorization Request until the final transaction is cleared. If the total cost of your gasoline purchase is less than the Preauthorization Request, we will release the difference between the total gasoline purchase and the Preauthorization Request, typically within 8 business days. During the period when funds are temporarily held, funds will not be available for use.
4. The OPEN Savings® Benefit OPEN Savings® Benefit: The OPEN Savings benefit is built in to Business Cards from American Express OPEN and provides a 5% discount for each eligible dollar spent at OPEN Savings merchants. The discount is provided in the form of a statement credit. To take advantage of this benefit, payment must be made with a Business Card from American Express OPEN at the time of purchase. All Cards under a particular Card Account (including the Basic Card as well as any Additional or Employee Cards) are combined for the purposes of calculating OPEN Savings benefits. All OPEN Savings benefits are credited to the Basic Card Member only. Please allow up to 12 weeks for your benefit to appear on your monthly statement. Purchases that are eligible for the OPEN Savings benefit that are returned or credited from an OPEN Savings merchant will result in a reversal of your statement credit. The benefit may not be available at all OPEN Savings partner locations. For a full list of individual OPEN Savings merchants and benefit descriptions, please visit opensavings.com. The OPEN Savings benefit (including merchant participation and offers) is subject to change at any time without notice. OPEN Savings offers may be subject to exclusions, benefit limits and other restrictions or limitations. For full terms and conditions, go to opensavings.com. Lowe's Business Rewards Cards are not eligible for the Membership Rewards program, so terms and conditions on opensavings.com pertaining to the Membership Rewards option do not apply to Lowe's Business Rewards Card Members.