CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wistia, the video platform of choice for business, today announced the launch of Soapbox, the first, free, browser-based screen and webcam recording solution that removes all technical barriers to making high-quality, creative videos to communicate at work. Time is precious and professionals working in sales, marketing, customer support, human resources, and other business areas are actively seeking better ways to communicate that make an immediate, accurate, and lasting connection.
“Video makes connections more immediate, messages more clear, and everything more human. We see the format dominating the rest of our digital lives and, with Soapbox, our goal is to bring that same ease and ubiquity to work-related videos - for free. Look good, reduce email volume, increase efficiency, avoid miscommunications - video is the answer every time,” said Chris Savage, Chief Executive Officer and Co-founder, Wistia. “Without additional technology or training, any professional with a computer and Chrome can now make sophisticated videos for product tutorials, support and how tos, sales, recruitment, vlogs, webinars, and more. We’re thrilled to bring Soapbox to market and see what people create.”
Soapbox runs entirely in the cloud, reducing processing time and its impact on a computer’s usability during the typical save and export process. Additionally, Soapbox is OS-agnostic, working seamlessly on any computer capable of running Chrome. Edited videos are immediately shareable via a live link, reducing the time associated with exporting and uploading to third-party video hosting platforms.
“We designed Soapbox for everyone. It doesn't matter if they’ve never held a camera, Soapbox enables anyone to make videos directly from their computers that are professional and well-edited in minutes,” said Brendan Schwartz, Chief Technology Officer and Co-founder, Wistia. “Current desktop apps aren’t designed for today’s professionals who are increasingly accustomed to creating and sharing videos with ease in their personal lives. That consumer expectation translates to business communications today, and with Soapbox, we’re providing a solution that makes it quicker to make and share a video than to send a long email, have a phone call, or hold a meeting.”
Features of Soapbox at launch include:
- Dual-Stream Recording: Soapbox records the webcam and screen on separate streams, enabling easy switches between the two in editing to maximize flow and focus.
- Split-Screen View: No more picture-in-picture, instead, Soapbox features a split-screen view, enabling better focus on both the webcam and screen.
- Easy Transitions and Trimming: Switch back and forth between webcam, screen capture, and the side-by-side view with smooth transitions in Soapbox, no additional software needed. Then trim the start and the end of your video to keep things crisp.
- Natural Presenting: Avoid getting distracted by a feed of your own face with markers to line up with the camera instead of live monitoring.
- Content Customization: Everything from the thumbnail, to the player color, to the closing call to action is customizable in Soapbox. Standout and stay on brand.
- Seamless Sharing: Share your video via a thumbnail in Gmail and Outlook or on a clean page via a link.
"We've always appreciated the value of communicating in a human, bionic, and engaging format; what better than video? However, we were limited in its use given the speed of production and the skills required,” said Scott Voigt, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, FullStory. “With Soapbox from Wistia, there are no limits to the business areas that can now create and share videos at scale.”
To download Soapbox by Wistia visit: https://wistia.com/soapbox
Wistia is the video platform of choice for businesses both small and large. Through simple, intuitive and powerful products spanning from free and premium video hosting solutions, to video creation and editing tools like Soapbox, Wistia reduces the barriers to better business communications for teams including marketing, sales, support, HR, and more. With Wistia, everyone, regardless of their experience-level, can create, host, manage, distribute, and analyze great-looking video that fuels stronger, more human connections.
Founded in 2006 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, more than 300,000 businesses across 50 countries depend on Wistia to power more creative and authentic communications, including: HubSpot, MailChimp, Sephora, Starbucks, and Tiffany & Co. Learn more at wistia.com and follow us on Facebook and Twitter @wistia.