CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Lawson Products, Inc. (NASDAQ:LAWS), a distributor of products and services to the MRO and automotive marketplaces, announced its President and Chief Executive Officer, Michael DeCata, will ring the Nasdaq Stock Market closing bell on Wednesday, May 31, 2017. Approximately 20 Lawson Products employees will join the leadership team in the ceremony, one of many activities commemorating the Company’s 65th anniversary in 2017.
Lawson Products has been listed on the Nasdaq exchange since 1971.
Recognized for its vendor managed inventory service, highly-engineered products and knowledgeable sales team, Lawson Products helps companies solve problems and improve operations. The sales team enables customers to maximize equipment uptime. This translates into added profitability for customers.
“Our founder, Sidney L. Port, started the business selling industrial fasteners out of a small Chicago storefront, just wanting to provide for his family and help others do the same,” said Mr. DeCata. “From that modest beginning, Lawson Products has grown into a high-performing industry leader. Sixty-five years later, I see Mr. Port’s values – an entrepreneurial spirit, confidence, caring – in every employee, every day.”
Lawson Products is celebrating its anniversary with special activities throughout 2017 that honor the Company’s legacy, culture, and commitment to customers and community.
- Nasdaq Closing Bell Watch Parties are planned in the Company’s offices and distribution centers in the U.S. and Canada.
- The 65th anniversary graphic is featured on LawsonProducts.com and in the Company’s visual identity in its offices and distribution centers and in digital and printed materials.
- The Lawson Products Story launched on LawsonProducts.com in April.
- A social media campaign that demonstrates how Lawson Products and Kent Automotive employees are #MakingAnImpact every day for customers and one another is underway on the Company’s Twitter feed and Facebook and LinkedIn pages.
- “Sigmapalooza,” a day of employee-led presentations to mark the successful completion of the fourth wave of corporate-wide Lean Six Sigma projects since 2014, and celebrate the nearly 100 employees who will have earned a green or black belt.
- Employees continue the founder’s extraordinary passion for philanthropy through fundraising campaigns and other programs in support of communities.
Nasdaq live stream information
A live stream of the May 31 Nasdaq closing bell ceremony (3:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. ET) will be available at: https://new.livestream.com/nasdaq/live.
To obtain a high-resolution photograph of the market close, go to http://business.nasdaq.com/discover/market-bell-ceremonies and click on the day’s market close.
About Lawson Products, Inc.
Celebrating its 65th anniversary in 2017, Lawson Products (NASDAQ: LAWS) is an industrial distributor of maintenance and repair products. Lawson carries a comprehensive line of products and provides inventory management services to the industrial, commercial, institutional and government maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) market. With several strategically located distribution centers in North America, Lawson ships to customers in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. Under its Kent Automotive brand, the Company supplies products to collision and mechanical repair shops as well as automotive OEMs. For additional information, please visit lawsonproducts.com or kent-automotive.com.