LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The vision of the City Gala, advancing community through humanitarian events, is expanding further in 2017. Now in its second year, the annual City Gala fundraiser will take place on the evening of the 59th Annual Grammy Awards. City Gala has expanded to a two-day event to accommodate a growing roster of celebrity and industry speakers and sponsors, joined by the common purpose of raising funds and awareness for selected charities and causes.
WHAT: City Summit—Business conference and networking event featuring celebrities and business leaders discussing leadership, entrepreneurship, innovation, inspiration, and humanitarian efforts.
WHEN: 8 a.m. Red Carpet event, Saturday, Feb. 11.
WHERE: USC Tower – South Park Center, 1149 Hill St. H300, Los Angeles.
WHO: Featuring Oscar winner Halle Berry as keynote. Other panelists include:
- Anthony Mackie, American actor in feature films such as "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," "Avengers: Age of Ultron," and "Ant-Man"
- Scott Duffy, host of Inc. Startup Accelerator, special project editor of Launch at Inc.com and best-selling author of "Launch!: The Critical 90 Days From Idea To Market"
- Scott Parazynski, NASA astronaut, physician and keynote speaker
- Jeff Timmons, music producer and founding member of the Grammy-nominated pop group 98 Degrees
- Tracy Hazzard, CEO of Hazz Design and writer for Inc. magazine
- William J. Pomerantz, vice president for special projects at Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic, the world's first spaceline.
- And many more.
WHAT: Second Annual City Gala—A celebrity filled Grammys after-party designed to raise funds and awareness in support of nonprofit, charitable organizations.
WHEN: 7 p.m. Red Carpet event, Sunday, Feb. 12.
WHERE: The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall, 135 N. Grand Ave., Los Angeles.
WHO: Celebrity guests, keynotes and award recipients include Quincy Jones (Lifetime Achievement Award Winner), John Travolta, Greg Reid, John Paul DeJoria, Jeff Timmons of 98 Degrees, and many others.