GERMANTOWN, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Barr Group has officially announced their Spring 2017 public training calendar for embedded systems engineers and managers. During this season, Barr Group will be offering three “Boot Camp” courses on embedded software, embedded Android, and embedded security. These comprehensive four-day courses are designed to immerse attendees in valuable aspects of embedded systems software development and improve students’ abilities in creating safe and secure embedded devices.
Barr Group also will be offering two expanded courses, “TDD & Agile: Power Techniques for Better Embedded Software Development” and “Best Practices for Designing Safe and Secure Embedded Systems.” These newly formatted courses have been designed to give attendees a more comprehensive look at important methodologies that are critical during the design of embedded systems.
Courses available this spring include:
- Embedded Security Boot Camp (March 20-23 in Palo Alto, California): Attendees will engage in lecture and hands-on exercises while learning to architect and implement secure embedded systems applications, including preventing electronics, firmware, and network attacks using only the processing power and memory of resource-constrained embedded devices.
- Embedded Software Boot Camp (March 27-30 in Palo Alto, California and May 2-5 in Munich, Germany): Through a comprehensive set of lectures and programming exercises on actual embedded hardware, attendees will learn how to use the C programming language to create portable device drivers, use real-time operating systems, and more.
- Embedded Android Boot Camp (March 27-30 in Munich, Germany and April 24-27 in Germantown, Maryland): Attendees will learn how to bring up embedded hardware with the Android OS, develop custom device drivers, and publish the APIs of those custom device drivers to Android apps.
- Best Practices for Designing Safe and Secure Embedded Systems (May 22-25 in Germantown, Maryland and June 19-22 in Munich, Germany): Best design practices for developing both safe and security-hardened embedded systems will be covered. This course will dive deep into critical security issues such as embedded crypto and retrofitting security and the use of coding standards, static analysis, and other best practices to increase reliability, safety, and security in embedded devices.
- TDD/Agile: Power Techniques for Better Embedded Software Development (April 4-6 in Germantown, Maryland): In this three-day hands-on course, attendees will learn the fundamentals of Test-Driven Development (TDD) for embedded C programmers and the Agile Approach to embedded software development—two of the industry’s most powerful design techniques used to develop safer, more secure, and more robust embedded software.
“Security and safety remain top concerns in the embedded industry, and their importance continues to grow with the acceleration of Internet of Things devices,” said Andrew Girson, CEO of Barr Group. “We have identified a mix of courses that would most benefit the needs of today’s embedded systems engineers, so they can develop the expertise and ability to develop safe and secure devices.”
Register Now for Courses in U.S. and Germany
Registration is now open for these and other upcoming public training courses for embedded systems designers. More information on locations, pricing, and early bird discounts is available on Barr Group’s training calendar at: http://barrgroup.com/Embedded-Systems/Training-Courses/Calendar.
About Barr Group
Barr Group, The Embedded Systems Experts®, is an independent provider of world-class product design, training, and corporate and legal technical consulting services for the embedded systems industry. Founded by internationally known experts in the design of safe and secure embedded systems, Barr Group is driven by its mission to help companies improve the overall reliability and security of all embedded system-based applications. Applications strengthened as a result of services and resources provided by Barr Group include those in the automotive, medical, defense, industrial controls, consumer electronics, and Internet of Things (IoT) markets. Barr Group has assisted thousands of engineers in the development of safer, more reliable electronic products through its Embedded C Coding Standard TM and continues to push the embedded systems industry forward with the annual release of Barr Group’s Embedded Systems Safety & Security Survey TM. For more information about Barr Group, go to www.barrgroup.com.
Barr Group, The Embedded Systems Experts, Embedded C Coding Standard, Embedded Systems Safety & Security Survey, Embedded Software Boot Camp, Embedded Android Boot Camp, and Embedded Security Boot Camp are trademarks or service marks of Integrated Embedded, LLC d/b/a Barr Group.