MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Symantec Corp. (NASDAQ: SYMC), the world’s leading cyber security company, today announced Symantec Endpoint Protection 14, the next evolution in endpoint innovation from the leader in endpoint security. Powered by artificial intelligence on the endpoint and in the cloud, Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 is the industry’s first solution to fuse essential endpoint technologies with advanced machine learning and memory exploit mitigation in a single agent, delivering a multi-layered solution able to stop advanced threats and respond at the endpoint regardless of how the attack is launched.
Symantec Endpoint Protection delivers powerful protection in a lightweight package, building on industry-leading 99.9 percent efficacy, low false positives and a 70 percent reduced footprint over the previous generation through new advanced cloud lookup capabilities. Powered by combined threat intelligence capabilities made possible by integrating Symantec and Blue Coat’s security telemetry, Symantec now protects 175 million consumer and enterprise endpoints, 163 million email users, 80 million web proxy users, and processes nearly eight billion security requests across these products every day.
“Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 is a major leap forward in endpoint protection, delivering the latest innovations in endpoint security on a single platform and from a security company you can trust,” said Mike Fey, president and chief operating officer at Symantec. “Multi-layered protection, enabled by artificial intelligence, backed by the world’s largest and most powerful threat intelligence force, and powered by the cloud – this is literally the smartest choice in endpoint technologies. Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 is an essential element of an integrated cyber defense strategy that enterprises require to combat today’s advanced threats.”
The pace and sophistication of new threats facing organizations is daunting. In 2015, Symantec reported more than 430 million new pieces of malware and expects that figure will grow this year. To defend against these advanced threats, Symantec provides customers a single agent and management capabilities that addresses threats in entirely new ways:
- Advanced machine learning powered by Symantec’s Global Intelligence Network provides a depth of knowledge no one else can claim.
- Integration with existing infrastructure through published APIs enables seamless management of thousands of endpoints in multiple locations and across diverse operating systems and platforms.
- Access to Symantec’s intelligent threat cloud technology reduces daily definition file updates by 70 percent, significantly reducing bandwidth use across the company network.
- Integration with Symantec Advanced Threat Protection solution to detect and respond to stealthy threats at the endpoint using a single agent.
- Simultaneous protection of customer endpoints and their networks with seamless integration of Symantec Endpoint Protection and Blue Coat Secure Web Gateway.
“As a healthcare institution, we’re dealing with sensitive patient records and strict regulatory standards, so using innovative technology protections is critical to our business,” said Sharon Finney, corporate data security officer at Adventist Health System. “However, as a large institution with tens of thousands of users, we do not take unnecessary risks by immediately deploying every new technology or point product, and count on vendors like Symantec to integrate those innovations with proven products and a solutions approach like they have done with Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.”
According to the 2016 Forrester Wave for Endpoint Security Suites, “Symantec offers the most complete endpoint security suite on the market. Symantec’s deep bench of endpoint security technologies spans a range of prevention, detection, and remediation capabilities. Almost every possible attack surface is covered when buyers utilize the full extent of this portfolio.”
Pricing and availability
Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 is available globally now. More information can be viewed here.
With more than 300,000 customers, Symantec is a proven leader in threat protection technologies. Symantec’s Global Intelligence Network provides global visibility into the threat landscape through big data accumulated from more than 175 million endpoints.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant: Symantec has been recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms¹
- Symantec Endpoint Protection has been recognized as a leader in the 2016 Forrester Wave for Endpoint Security Suites²
- SC Magazine Review: Symantec Endpoint Protection 14 was also reviewed by SC Magazine and given its highest ranking and recommended buy rating
- 2015 Best Protection Award from AV Test
- AAA ratings from SE Labs reviews of endpoint solutions
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), the world’s leading cyber security company, helps organizations, governments and people secure their most important data wherever it lives. Organizations across the world look to Symantec for strategic, integrated solutions to defend against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, cloud and infrastructure. Likewise, a global community of more than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton suite of products for protection at home and across all of their devices. Symantec operates one of the world’s largest civilian cyber intelligence networks, allowing it to see and protect against the most advanced threats. For additional information, please visit www.symantec.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
1Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms, Firstbrook, Ouellet, Feb 1, 2016, Gartner
2The Forrester Wave™: Endpoint Security Suites, Q4 2016, Sherman, Oct 19, 2016, Forrester
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.