DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "A Country & Industry Analysis - Sri Lanka Telecommunications 2016" report to their offering.
Around 50% of the people in Sri Lanka are mobile phone users. Although this figure is high compared to most of the developing world, it is low in comparison to mature markets where penetration rates are between 60% - 80%. An important market trend observed is the rising use of mobile data, with most of the usage being prepaid. Highlights of this study are telecommunications industry scenario, growth opportunities, strategic recommendations, and inter-country comparison of telecom indicators.
The Sri Lankan government has attached great emphasis to Information and Communications Technology (ICT) ICT innovations, with the country greatly improving its ranking on international benchmarks for network readiness , ICT development, and ease of doing business.
Around 45-50% of people in Sri Lanka own a mobile phone now. Although this is high in comparison to most of the developing world, the figures are low in comparison to mature markets which typically see penetration rates between 60-80%. Higher rural mobile ownership and greater smartphone ownership would be key to raising the penetration rates. An important market trends is the rising use of mobile data, with most of the usage being prepaid. Operators are increasingly designing short-term, flexible tariffs in order to promote usage amongst low-mid income customer segments
- The current Sri Lankan telecommunication industry scenario , with coverage including mobile-cellular penetration, fixed-telephone penetration, mobile-broadband penetration, tariff structures, 2016 budget highlights for the telecom industry, and industry regulatory environment.
- Growth opportunities for private players and strategic recommendations to surmount industry challenges.
- Inter-country comparison of telecom indicators with Asia Pacific countries.
- Mobile for development initiatives in Sri Lanka and their outcomes.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
- Key Findings in Telecommunications Sector
- Sri Lanka at a Glance
- Sri Lanka-Top Telecommunications Predictions 2016
- Research Scope
2 Sri Lanka-Country Snapshot
- Sri Lanka-Key Facts
- GDP and GDP Growth
- Demographic Trends
- Average Monthly Household Expenditure on Communication
3 Telecommunications Sector Overview
- Important Telecommunications Indicators
- Telecommunications Industry Structure
- Telecom Policy and Regulations
- Company Profiles-Fixed Access Operators
- Company Profiles-Mobile Cellular Operators
4 Mobile and Fixed Telephone
- Total Mobile Subscription vs Unique Mobile Subscription
- Rural-Urban Divide and Income Inequality
- Fixed Telephone Penetration
- Tariff Structures
- Major Telecommunications Players-Mobile Market
- Fixed Broadband Penetration
- Strong Mobile Data Growth with Moderate Smartphone Penetration
- Mobile Phone Device Market
- Broadband Tariffs
- Google Project Loon
- Accessing Internet through Feature Phones
6 Issues, Challenges, and Strategic Recommendations
- 2016 Budget Highlights
- Challenges Ahead for Mobile Operators
- Strategic Recommendations
- Comparison of Sri Lankan Telecom Scenario with Regional Peers
- Sri Lanka Broadband-What Worked and What Did Not
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/48ndhb/a_country_and