NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Datadog, the essential monitoring service for dynamic cloud environments, today announced the release of a new Application Performance Monitoring (APM) extension to its platform. This next-generation APM solution is specifically built to help devops teams quickly troubleshoot issues in complex, distributed applications that use hybrid clouds, microservices or containers.
“Most APM tools on the market today are designed to troubleshoot coding issues in isolation,” said Amit Agarwal, Chief Product Officer at Datadog. “However, in modern cloud-scale applications, quickly resolving problems requires examining changes in both the infrastructure and code simultaneously.”
Datadog’s APM solution supports a variety of use cases, including performance optimization and outage diagnosis to reduce the impact of costly downtime for large-scale users.
- Quick installation via a hosted SaaS solution that works out of the box
- Automatic tracing of individual requests from end to end across hosts and services
- Flame graphs for quickly and accurately identifying the most frequently used code paths
- Easily customizable dashboards for data aggregation and correlation
- Built-in collaboration between teams spanning dev and ops organizations
- Smart alerting via email, SMS and cloud-based collaboration tools
- Machine-learning based anomaly detection
- Transparent tag-based aggregation of performance data from microservices, containers and ephemeral hosts
“The pace of scale and dynamism of the infrastructure and application environment are accelerating, with the advent of containers, microservices, autoscaling and software-defined ‘everything’ stressing the capabilities of existing APM tools1,” wrote Cameron Haight, Vice President with Gartner’s IT Systems, Security and Risk research group in a March 2016 report. In a June 2016 report2 Haight notes that, “many, if not most, commercial APM tools do not have the ability to collect hundreds of data points on potentially thousands of microservices at high rates of frequency in order to ‘paint a picture’ of the environment in total.”
“Having a single platform to monitor both our dynamic infrastructure and the code-level performance of our applications will give us a much richer context for making decisions,” said Valentino Volonghi, Chief Technology Officer at AdRoll. “As a Datadog customer, we’re excited to see the company continue to move fast and provide solutions for modern architectures and workflows.”
Datadog is the world’s leading monitoring service for cloud-scale applications, bringing together data from servers, databases, tools, and services to present a unified view of your entire stack. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables Dev and Ops teams to work collaboratively to avoid downtime, resolve performance problems, and ensure that development and deployment cycles finish on time. Since launching in 2010, Datadog has been adopted by thousands of enterprises including Airbnb, Twilio, Zendesk, Atlassian, and Warner Bros.
- Datadog’s APM offering is now in beta for select Datadog customers. Pricing has not yet been announced. To request beta access, visit datadog.com/apm
1 Gartner, APM Needs to Prepare for the Future Published: 15 March 2016
2 Gartner, How Microservices Have a Macroeffect on APM: 27 June 2016