DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--EnGenius Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of high-performance, versatile networking solutions for the SMB and custom residential markets, today announced the launch of its new Mesh Surveillance System (EWS1025CAM); the first hybrid 11ac managed wireless access point with integrated 2-MP IP surveillance camera, at CEDIA 2016 (Booth #7222).
The Mesh Surveillance System is a space-saving, dual-functional device that reduces installation time and costs with a single installation and cable run via Power-over-Ethernet. The System helps integrators overcome wiring challenges in retrofit applications, and utilizes wireless mesh to optimize connections between multiple EWS1025CAMs.
The System is ideal for providing Wi-Fi and surveillance in entryways, hallways, and to enhance coverage in Wi-Fi dead spots like finished basements. Use the system in residential care facilities; retrofit installs, and locations where wire runs are prohibitive.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Dual-Band 11ac Wireless – Speeds to 867 Mbps on the 5 GHz frequency and rates to 300 Mbps on 2.4 GHz support dual-stream surveillance video and heavy-multi-device network traffic without video buffering or interruption of service.
- Mesh Network Capabilities – Extend wireless access to larger areas without additional cable runs to every unit. Employ mesh to add devices quickly, optimize routes between units, and self-heal if a network node goes down.
- Power-over-Ethernet – Power each device with one cable or power injector via 802.3at/af PoE up to 325 feet from the energy source.
- Wide-Angle High-Definition Images – Sony® 1/2.9” 2-MP Progressive Scan CMOS with 120-degree wide-angle P.O.V. captures 1920 x 1080P HD images over broader areas.
- Night Vision – 24-Piece built-in IR-illuminators provide clear images in low light or total darkness to 65 feet.
- Remote Viewing & Notifications – Monitor up to four cameras remotely; instantly record and receive motion or audio-triggered event alerts with included EnViewer™ mobile app.
- Video Management Software – Included 16-channel VMS features: Optional split screen camera views, live monitoring, record video, playback, schedule recording, and quick search.
- Neutron Network Management – Manage up to 50 EWS1025CAMs with Neutron Managed Switches via a built-in wireless controller or use ezMaster™ Centralized Network Management Software to manage more devices locally, remotely or via a cloud-based service with no licensing fees.
The Neutron Mesh Surveillance System will be available November 2016 in North America via authorized distributors, integrators, and value-added resellers at an MSRP of $475. Demo pre-orders are available here.
About EnGenius Technologies
Established in 1999, EnGenius Technologies is an industry expert in wireless communications and radio frequency (RF) technology, delivering feature-rich, long-range wireless technology for voice and data. The versatility and performance of the company's solutions lower total cost of ownership, increase productivity, and maximize return on investment.
EnGenius’ portfolio of networking solutions includes a comprehensive line of Wireless Access Points and Client Bridges, Gigabit Switches, and IP Cameras that deliver long-range connectivity, robust feature sets, and versatility for class-leading performance at affordable price points.
EnGenius’ cordless business telephone systems and portable handsets provide extremely long-range and rugged reliability outdoors, throughout multi-story buildings and in complex environments.