MILPITAS, Calif. & STOCKTON, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. (EDI), a global leader in advanced high-efficiency zero emissions hybrid and electric drivetrain solutions and First Priority GreenFleet, Ltd (FP GreenFleet), a division of First Priority Global, Ltd (FPG), formally announced today a collaboration agreement between the two companies. The partnership will provide public and private commercial fleet operators access to a best-in-class suite of clean transportation solutions supported by the leading manufacturing and service-focused organization.
As part of the relationship, EDI will provide its portfolio of solutions to FP GreenFleet including the EDI PowerDrive™ line of EV and PHEV drivetrains, EDI PowerSuite™ Vehicle Control Software and Telematics, and EDI Power2E™ 2 Way Charging and Exportable Power for vehicles for their fleet customers. FP GreenFleet will provide volume manufacturing and service capabilities for EDI customers. The electric vehicles will be used to replace conventional commercial fuel vehicles in industries such as logistics, emergency response, utilities, and others—significantly reducing greenhouse gas emissions and eliminating harmful criteria pollutants, while still maintaining OEM levels of power and performance.
With a global footprint, bi-coastal manufacturing and service capability, and 18 years of business expertise, the FP GreenFleet and EDI partnership will provide the leading alternative fuel vehicle solution for commercial fleet operators. The partnership follows First Priority Global successfully acquiring the assets and intellectual property of Electric Vehicles International (EVI) and establishing its FP GreenFleet operations, vehicle development, assembly, and technical support center in Stockton, CA. The new partnership with EDI compliments the scaling-up of California-based alternative fuel vehicle manufacturing that will help create new jobs and foster economic development in the Central Valley, as well as help to carry out Governor Brown’s Sustainable Freight Action Plan, Zero-Emission Vehicle Action Plan, and the goals of AB 32 and SB 32.
- EDI will provide its portfolio of solutions to First Priority GreenFleet including the EDI PowerDrive™ line of EV and PHEV drivetrains, EDI PowerSuite™ Vehicle Control Software and Telematics, and EDI Power2E™ 2 Way Charging and Exportable Power for use in the creation of alternative fuel vehicles for First Priority’s end-user customers.
- FP GreenFleet, the clean transportation manufacturing, sales and service division of First Priority Global, will serve as a vehicle builder for EDI customers requiring volume builds, beginning with initial production orders in the latter part of 2016.
- The companies will produce alternative fuel vehicles from Class-2 through Class-8.
- The two companies will work collaboratively on joint sales and co-marketing programs, with initial programs launching in September 2016.
- The collaboration combines FP GreenFleet’s East and West Coast build locations and strong customer support capabilities with access to EDI’s rapidly evolving electric and hybrid drivetrain technologies - an industry first.
- Vehicles created between the two companies will provide all-electric zero emissions and hybrid vehicles, and will be used to replace conventional, diesel-burning fuel vehicles across multiple fleet applications and duty-cycles.
“As we enter a new era of vehicle technology development, and quickly growing emissions reduction mandates, companies must co-innovate to help solve the technology and manufacturing and service gap in the medium and heavy duty industry. The partnership between First Priority GreenFleet and EDI combines world class technology with vehicle manufacturing and service capabilities which enables the medium- and heavy-duty vehicle industry to quickly meet their urgently needed emissions reduction goals.”
-Joerg Ferchau, CEO, Efficient Drivetrains, Inc.
“The integration of EDI’s advanced EV and PHEV technology into the First Priority GreenFleet alternative fuel vehicles platform is extremely valuable as it accelerates bringing solutions to market and maximizes support efficiencies for our customers. This multi-faceted partnership will also allow us to expand our addressable markets by providing customers with an extended portfolio of vehicle solutions. We’ll work closely with EDI to bring cost effective solutions to market that demonstrate immediate impact to the industry, and close the technology gap for both public and private fleet operators.”
-Alex Cherepakhov, CEO, First Priority GreenFleet, Ltd
- EDI on LinkedIn
- EDI on Facebook
- First Priority GreenFleet on LinkedIn
- First Priority GreenFleet on Facebook
Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. (EDI) develops and markets a range of state-of-the-art PHEV and EV drivetrain solutions worldwide. EDI’s leading-edge hybrid-electric drivetrain systems and technologies enable OEMs to meet zero-emissions requirements while providing significant cost and efficiency advantages for parallel and series hybrid drivetrain architectures across nearly all platform classes and configurations. EDI is currently active in automotive projects throughout North America and the APAC region. Visit www.efficientdrivetrains.com for more information.
About First Priority GreenFleet:
First Priority GreenFleet, Ltd. (FP GreenFleet) is a leading manufacturing, sales, and service organization specializing in clean transportation solutions. FP GreenFleet brings to market end-to-end solutions for fleets and municipalities that are designed to offer highly reliable performance, significantly reduce total cost of ownership, lower fuel and maintenance expenses and diminish our client’s environmental footprint. FP GreenFleet is proud to be rolling out the first major deployments of Electric School Buses in the United States. http://www.fpgreenfleet.com/
About First Priority Global
First Priority Global. Ltd (FPG) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of a comprehensive array of firefighting, emergency medical, specialized rescue, mobile healthcare vehicles and equipment, and alternative fuel vehicles. FPG has operations in New Jersey, California, Texas, North Carolina, and Beijing. The Company supplies and supports emergency and specialty vehicles, as well as clean transportation solutions, throughout the U.S. and has exported emergency vehicles in over 30 countries around the world. It has undertaken extensive engineering efforts to custom design premium- grade vehicles to adapt to the unique response characteristics of varied U.S. and global markets. http://www.firstpriorityglobal.net