FRAMINGHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The worldwide production printer market maintained its growth streak in the second quarter of 2016 (2Q16), recording a 10.0% increase in shipments year over year. Unit shipment value also increased 3.4% to more than $1.1 billion in the same time period, according to the International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Production Printer Tracker.
Additional highlights from the worldwide production printer market in 2Q16 include the following:
- High-speed inkjet production devices saw 66% growth in system shipments on an annual basis. Canon found good demand for its sheetfed solution, the Océ VarioPrint i300, while Ricoh ramped up sales for its new Pro VC60000 platform with high image quality.
- A combined view of mid-production and full production segments showed a positive story for color laser in the quarter as well. Inkjet might be taking some of the "big iron" laser share but laser vendors are broadening their portfolios downstream.
- Konica Minolta Group outperformed all other vendors in the Top 5 by posting 30.4% year-over-year growth in units shipped.
"Successful IT suppliers can offer both inkjet and laser technologies at a variety of price points to the end-user, protecting the base while expanding into new markets," said Amy Machado, research manager, Imaging, Printing, and Document Solutions.
|Worldwide Production Market Share, Q2 2016 (based on unit shipments*)|
|1. Xerox Group1||5,179||50.7%||4,586||49.4%||+12.9%|
|2. Ricoh Group2||2,203||21.6%||2,235||24.1%||-1.4%|
|3. Konica Minolta Group3||1,682||16.5%||1,290||13.9%||+30.4%|
|4. Canon Group4||679||6.7%||665||7.2%||+2.1%|
|5. HP Inc.||231||2.3%||241||2.6%||-4.1%|
|Source: IDC Worldwide Quarterly Production Printer Tracker, August 2016|
* Includes Mid Production, Production (full production) and Label &
1 Xerox Group: Xerox, Fuji Xerox
2 Rioch Group: Gestetner (NRG), Lanier, Nashua, Nashuatec, Rex Rotary, Ricoh, Ricoh Industry
3 Konica Minolta Group: Develop, ITEC, Konica Minolta, Sindoh,
4 Canon Group: Canon, Showa Jyoho
In addition to the table above, a graphic illustrating the worldwide market share of the top 5 vendors in the total production print market for the previous five quarters is available here. The chart is intended for public use in online news articles and social media. Instructions on how to embed this graphic can be found by viewing this press release on IDC.com.
- IDC tracks Mid, Production (full Production) and Label & Packaging devices in the Quarterly Production Printer Tracker.
- Production Print Tracker includes single-function printers and multifunctional systems (MFPs). Data for all vendors are reported for calendar periods.
For more information about IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker, please contact Phuong Hang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About IDC Trackers
IDC Tracker products provide accurate and timely market size, vendor share, and forecasts for hundreds of technology markets from more than 100 countries around the globe. Using proprietary tools and research processes, IDC's Trackers are updated on a semiannual, quarterly, and monthly basis. Tracker results are delivered to clients in user-friendly excel deliverables and on-line query tools. The IDC Tracker Charts app, available at iTunes, allows users to view data charts from the most recent IDC Tracker products on their iPhone and iPad. The IDC Tracker Chart app is also available for Android Phones and Android Tablets.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC's analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading media, data and marketing services company. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com. Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDC.
All product and company names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.