FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced Data Center 400 (DC400) SSD, the latest solid-state drive to its family of enterprise solutions. DC400 SSD is an entry-level enterprise drive designed for server use in data centers especially for customers who deploy a rip-and-replace strategy. It is ideal for read-intensive applications such as boot, web servers and lower data rate operational databases and analytics – especially in data center mixed workload environments where endurance and reliability are important.
DC400 SSD offers superior quality of service for data center customers whose workload environment calls for sustained IOPS and consistent low latency. An expanded on-board DRAM acceleration cache enables high, sustained IOPS to increase performance over a wide range of read/write workloads. Standard as well as user-adjustable over-provisioning improves random IOPS performance and endurance while enterprise firmware improves latency and delivers consistently low data access times under steady-state workloads. Additionally, DC400 SSD features enterprise-class reliability with end-to-end data path protection and firmware-implemented power-loss protection (“pFAIL”).
“Kingston is proud to offer our next generation entry-level enterprise SATA SSD to our data center and corporate customers looking for consistent application performance, stringent quality of service requirements and all-around reliability,” said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. “DC400 SSD’s combination of high IOPS, low latency and advanced data protection gives server IT managers and decision makers the perfect front-loading server storage option that they can deploy with confidence.”
DC400 SSD is available in 400GB, 480GB, 800GB, 960GB, 1.6TB and 1.8TB capacities2. The 400GB, 800GB and 1.6TB capacities are performance optimized with greater IOPs for faster application performance and reduced storage latency. The 1.8TB capacity read-intensive optimized model is factory-tuned for read-intensive workloads.
To further help companies and organizations out, Kingston offers industry-leading sales support through its Ask an Expert program. It also offers the Kingston SSD Manager, a free, downloadable toolbox to monitor drive health, status and disk usage.
Kingston will show off its entire enterprise SSD offerings including the new DC400 SSD during VMworld 2016 at booth #555. It will also demo the forthcoming EP2500 PCIe U.2 SSD, the world’s fastest 2.5" SSD. Customers at the show can also see EP1000 M.2 AIC PCIe NVMe SSD which consists of up to four 1TB M.2 PCIe SSDs in NVMe mode mounted on a single card.
DC400 is backed by a limited five-year warranty1 and free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information, visit www.kingston.com.
DC400 SSD Features & Specifications:
- Form factor: 2.5"
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities2: 400GB, 480GB, 800GB, 960GB, 1.6TB, 1.8TB
- 400GB – up to 555/535MB/s
- 480GB – up to 555/535MB/s
- 800GB – up to 555/530MB/s
- 960GB – up to 555/520MB/s
- 1600GB – up to 555/510MB/s
- 1800GB – up to 555/500MB/s
Maximum Random 4k Read/Write:
- 400GB – up to 99,000/90,000 IOPS
- 480GB – up to 99,000/90,000 IOPS
- 800GB – up to 99,000/89,000 IOPS
- 960GB – up to 99,000/88,000 IOPS
- 1600GB – up to 100,000/88,000 IOPS
- 1800GB – up to 99,000/86,000 IOPS
Steady-State 4k Read/Write:
- 400GB – up to 85,000/35,000 IOPS
- 480GB – up to 85,000/11,000 IOPS
- 800GB – up to 78,000/32,000 IOPS
- 960GB – up to 78,000/11,000 IOPS
- 1600GB – up to 78,000/32,000 IOPS
- 1800GB – up to 67,000/18,000 IOPS
Quality of Service (Latency)5 6:
- Read/Write: <400µs / <4ms (99.9%)
- Hot-Plug Capable
- Static and Dynamic Wear Leveling
- Enterprise SMART Tools: reliability tracking, usage statistics, life remaining, wear leveling, temperature
- 480GB: 257TB3 (0.30 DWPD)4
- 960GB: 564TB3 (0.32 DWPD)4
- 400GB: 422TB3 (0.57 DWPD)4
- 800GB: 860TB3 (0.58 DWPD)4
- 1600GB: 1678TB3 (0.57 DWPD)4
- 1800GB: 1432TB3 (0.43 DWPD)4
- Idle: 1.56W
- Average: 1.6W
- Max Read: 1.8W
- Max Write: 4.86W
- Storage temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 69.9mm x 100mm x 7.0mm
- Weight: 92.34g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- MTBF: 2 million hours
- Warranty/support: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support1
1 Limited warranty based on 5 years or SSD “Life Remaining”
which can be found using the Kingston SSD Manager
(kingston.com/SSDManager). A new, unused product will show a wear
indicator value of one hundred (100), whereas a product that has reached
its endurance limit of program erase cycles will show a wear indicator
value of one (1). See kingston.com/wa for details.
2 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
3 Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Enterprise Workload (JESD219A).
4 Drives Writes Per Day (DWPD)
5 Workload based on FIO, Random 4KB QD=1 workload, measured as the time taken for 99.9 percentile of commands to finish the round-trip from host to drive and to host.
6 Measurement taken once the workload has reached steady state but including all background activities required for normal operation and data reliability.
Kingston can be found on:
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410
Editor’s Note: For additional information, evaluation units or executive interviews, please contact David Leong, Kingston Technology Company, Inc. 17600 Newhope Street, Fountain Valley, CA USA 92708, 714-438-1817 (Voice). Press images can be found in Kingston’s press room here.
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.
Visit Kingston at VMworld Booth #555