BROOKLYN, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--West Elm Workspace with Inscape debuts its second assortment of designs at NeoCon this month. Combining West Elm’s residential style with contract performance, each piece is designed for today’s diverse work profile, creating a comfortable, inviting atmosphere with the workers’ wellness in mind. The 55 new products build upon Workspace’s existing collections, supported by research conducted by Plastarc, a respected social research and design consultancy firm.
“The 2015 launch of Workspace began with a core collection that redefined how individuals and organizations approach work,” says Jim Brett, West Elm President. “This year’s design debut integrates more choice and flexibility to emphasize the importance of humanizing the work environment, and better addresses the dynamic needs of modern businesses – beyond just the furniture.”
According to West Elm’s partner, Jim Stelter, the CEO of Inscape: “The ability to slide between work styles is key in supporting the diverse workplaces of today. Workplace products deliver the systems and solutions that allow for personalization and individual choice and satisfy different personalities and work styles.”
“Choice” is a hallmark of Workspace’s new assortment. The range of configurable solutions offers the ability to shift seamlessly from individual tasks to collaborative work:
- Modular seating options allow users to configure the product in ways that support several people sitting together to brainstorm in a casual setting or spaces for individual concentration.
- Screen division systems flex to facilitate team-based discussions or carve out smaller, secluded areas of personal retreat.
- Height-adjustable benching systems, available in all the collections except Midcentury, allow users to personalize their workstation while maintaining a cohesive office design.
- Integrated power modules on coffee and occasional tables offer convenience and mobility.
- Office accessories and artful accents allow for personalization, warmth and wellness.
Harmonious with Workspace’s mission to humanize work environments are its collaborations with trusted industry partners, including:
- Designtex which will introduce six new fabrics with reliable contract performance and designed to bring a stronger residential feel to the workplace. The fabrics have a tactile appeal and effortlessly combine aesthetics and durability. The new assortment includes patterns and looks from a chevron motif to stripes and basket weaves.
- Interface, the world’s largest manufacturer of commercial carpet tile, will introduce six new carpet tile products – ranging from linear and geometric to textured. Each pattern is offered with three to six color options and made with 100 percent recycled content nylon from reclaimed fishing nets, harvested in part from the company’s Net-Works program. All Interface U.S. made products are produced with 96 percent renewable energy.
- Sonos, the leader of smart sound systems for the home, will offer musical soundscapes on its high fidelity speakers to encourage creativity and productivity in different office environments.
- F.I.R.E., Fully Integrated Resource for Enterprise Management, launched by Inscape in 2015, will continue to help designers and clients visualize project design solutions through the visual application’s industry-leading technology that creates a single customer-centric solution unlike any other available.
West Elm Workspace with Inscape will be debuting these new design solutions at NeoCon 2016, Chicago Merchandise Mart, showroom #1191. For more information please visit www.westelmworkspace.com
About West Elm
West Elm helps customers express their personal style at home. Headquartered in Brooklyn, NY, the brand opened its first store in 2003 in DUMBO, the neighborhood it still proudly calls home. Everything West Elm does is designed to make an impact, from its commitment to Fair Trade Certified, local and handcrafted products to its community-driven in-store events and collaborations. Mixing clean lines, natural materials and handcrafted collections from the US and around the world, West Elm creates unique, affordable designs for modern living. The brand operates 87 retail stores in the United States, Australia, Canada and the UK, ships internationally to customers around the world and operates stores in Mexico, the Middle East and Philippines through unaffiliated franchisees. West Elm is part of an active community on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube, and is a member of the Williams-Sonoma, Inc. portfolio of brands.
Inscape, an award-winning designer and manufacturer of office furniture, has been initiating change in workspace design for the past 125 years. With an emphasis on quality, innovation, technical design and unparalleled delivery and service, Inscape has been consistently awarded for its design, including 4 Gold and 1 Silver Best of NeoCon Awards at NeoCon 2014, North America's largest design exposition and conference for commercial interiors. Inscape collaborates with leading European partners and manufactures their designs in North American facilities. Their systems, storage, seating and wall solutions delight users, foster agility and empower technology in the workplace. Flexible and designed for sustainability, Inscape products enable easy customization and readily adapt to keep pace with changing needs in the workplace. For more information visit inscapesolutions.com