CUPERTINO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rancher Labs, a provider of container management software, today announced support for Mesos, a popular and well-established scheduler and cluster manager for massively distributed applications. Rancher added support for Mesos based on user and community interest, making Rancher the only container management platform capable of supporting all popular container scheduling and orchestration platforms including Mesos, Kubernetes and Docker Swarm.
Rancher is an open-source platform for deploying and managing containers, across any public or private cloud, virtualization cluster or bare-metal server. Rancher provides a single management experience spanning Kubernetes, Docker Swarm and now Mesos. Rancher provides visibility and management for teams throughout the CI/CD pipeline, from development through production. Additionally, the open-source software provides enterprise readiness via multi-tenancy, role-based access and control, credential management, cross-cloud networking and persistent storage.
“The combination of the Apache Mesos scheduler and Rancher container management platform is a big win for users,” said Josh Bernstein, Vice President Technology, Emerging Technology Division, EMC Corporation. “With the integration of these two open source projects, organizations will be able to spin up Mesos clusters in minutes on any infrastructure, and easily schedule and deploy workloads.”
With this latest update, Rancher now:
- Automates the setup and upgrade of Mesos infrastructure including Zookeeper cluster, Mesos masters, Mesos slaves and Mesos Marathon. Mesos slaves will automatically be added when new hosts are added. When new versions of Rancher are deployed, existing Mesos clusters will be upgraded without impacting the running workload.
- Automates the setup and upgrade of Mesos frameworks, an important benefit of running Mesos on Rancher. Many popular distributed applications are available as Mesos frameworks. Users can deploy Mesos frameworks such as Cronos, Aurora, Hadoop, Elasticsearch and Kafka from the Rancher catalog with a click of a button. Additionally, they can perform a fully automated upgrade of these frameworks as new versions become available.
- Provides a powerful set of infrastructure and management services for Mesos. Rancher networking, storage and load balancing services work with applications running on Mesos. Rancher manages multiple Mesos cluster environments for multiple users and provides Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) for large organizations.
“Modern DevOps practices encourage the use of a diverse set of tools and frameworks based on team expertise and project needs,” said Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs. “By adding support for Mesos, Rancher enables IT organizations to provide choice of orchestration and scheduling frameworks when they deploy and manage containers in production.”
Product Information and Availability
For additional information on Rancher and to learn more about Rancher Labs and the company’s suite of open source products, please visit http://www.rancher.com.
- Announcing Mesos Support in Rancher
- Company Blog: http://rancher.com/blog/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rancher_Labs
- LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1KgzM4Y
About Rancher Labs
Rancher Labs builds innovative, open-source container management software for enterprises leveraging containers to accelerate software development and improve IT operations. With native support for Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, and Mesos, our flagship Rancher platform allows users to manage all aspects of running containers in development and production environments. For additional information, please visit www.rancher.com.