LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--KNOWLEDGE16 – ServiceNow (NYSE: NOW), the enterprise cloud company, today unveiled a new application that connects departments, systems and workflows to transform the way organizations manage customer service. ServiceNow Customer Service Management uses a structured, closed-loop process to diagnose and fix the root cause of customer issues.
More and more companies are providing a mix of connected products and services. A medical device manufacturer, for instance, must maintain its equipment at hospitals. It monitors them in real time, receives alerts of malfunctions and proactively delivers maintenance based on operational metrics and contractual obligations. When issues arise, resolution requires collaboration and coordination between customer service, engineering, operations, field services and other departments.
“Traditional customer service tools are falling short as products and services converge,” said Abhijit Mitra, head of products, Customer Service Management, ServiceNow. “Exceeding customer expectations requires more than just reacting to incoming calls. There’s an imperative to close the gap between engagement and resolution. Delivering great service is a ‘team sport’ in a digitally connected service economy.”
ServiceNow is applying its industry-leading service management capabilities to customer service to close the service gap. Unlike traditional CRM products that stop at customer engagement, Customer Service Management connects the relevant people, systems and processes required to assure a great service experience for the customer. The net effect is a reduction in call volumes, lower costs and higher customer satisfaction scores. Specifically, organizations can:
- Resolve customer issues quickly and proactively: Connect customer service teams to other departments to compress the time to identify and fix issues at root cause.
- Engage customers when and how they want: A self-service portal enables management of information, access to contextual knowledge and participation in social Q&A. Eliminate recurring work by automating common requests into a service catalog and support customers in any channel: web, phone, SMS, email, chat or video.
- Optimize the service experience: Track and visualize, in real time, the operational health of products and services in the installed base. Agents gain insight that traditional offerings lack, such as outages in services. Take corrective action based on the intelligence gathered through surveys and analytics. Track complex contracts and entitlements to ensure customers get the right level of service.
Leading Firms Choose Service Management Approach
Global enterprises are deploying ServiceNow Customer Service Management to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty metrics.
“The ServiceNow platform is designed to enable our clients’ queries or issues to automatically flow from the customer service application to our engineering, operations, and IT teams, helping reduce time to resolution,” said Rajiv Mahajan, transformation executive, Fiserv. “In addition, the platform’s self-service capabilities will empower our clients, improving their overall experience and boosting satisfaction.”
“More than support, we’re focused on providing the right set of services to our customers to enable them to grow their business,” said Chris Orr, vice president of Support Strategy at Epicor. “A service management approach from ServiceNow made more sense than traditional CRM to engage our customers’ business holistically.”
For More Information
- Visit the ServiceNow Community to learn more about Customer Service Management and be connected to experts, and the Service Matters blog for perspective on the news.
- Run our demo to see how Customer Service Management can help.
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. Customers use our service model to define, structure and automate the flow of work, removing dependencies on email and spreadsheets to transform the delivery and management of services for the enterprise. ServiceNow enables service management for every department in the enterprise including IT, human resources, facilities, field service and more. We deliver a ‘lights-out, light-speed’ experience through our enterprise cloud – built to manage everything as a service. To find out how, visit www.servicenow.com.
ServiceNow and the ServiceNow logo are registered trademarks of ServiceNow, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.