LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--EnGenius Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of high-performance, versatile networking and telecommunications solutions for businesses and consumers, today expanded its high-performance Neutron Series Distributed Network Management Solution with the launch of four enterprise-class 11ac Wave 2 4x4 indoor and outdoor access points at Interop Las Vegas 2016 (booth 659). The new dual-band MU-MIMO managed wireless access points add state-of-the-art speed and capabilities to the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of 11ac wireless solutions.
The new family of Neutron Series 11ac Wave 2 4x4 Managed Access Points includes:
- EWS370AP 11ac Wave 2 4x4 Access Point (MSRP $899);
- EWS371AP 11ac Wave 2 4x4 Access Point with External Detachable Antennas (MSRP $1,049);
- EWS870AP 11ac Wave 2 4x4 Outdoor Access Point (MSRP $1,995);
- EWS871AP 11ac Wave 2 4x4 Outdoor Access Point with External Detachable Antennas (MSRP $2,495).
Ideal for deployment in high-density environments such as campuses, sports arenas, shopping malls, and resorts, the 11ac Wave 2 4x4 access points combine MU-MIMO technology to provide the highest capacities and ultra-fast speeds reaching 2.5 Gbps for reliable, fast connectivity to wireless client devices. The access points, which support Power-over-Ethernet for quick, easy deployment, feature 360-degree omni-directional antennas to deliver comprehensive coverage in dense RF environments. The EWS870AP and EWS871AP are housed in IP67-rated enclosures to support dependable high-speed connectivity in extreme environments.
The new access points are designed to work with the Neutron Series Wireless LAN Management Controller Switches and ezMaster™ Network Management Software platform to provide a scalable and flexible wireless management solution. EnGenius requires no licensing fees to manage its access points, delivering robust, enterprise-class feature sets and performance with a significantly lower capital expenditure and total cost of ownership.
“Ubiquitous wireless access to the Internet and network-connected resources has become a basic amenity that people expect at work, at play, and everywhere in between,” explained Bryan Slayman, Product Line Manager at EnGenius. “The evolution of the technology in client devices and advancement of the applications they support can quickly overburden the wireless network, requiring continuous upgrades to the network infrastructure. These new Wave 2 access points future proof and crowd proof the network by delivering state-of-the-art speed, bandwidth, and versatility.”
Key Features and Benefits
- High Performance for Multimedia Streaming – Dual-band 802.11ac Wave 2, 2.5 Gbps speeds with Multi-Users Multiple Input Multiple Output (MU-MIMO) and Transmit Beamforming (TxBF) technologies;
- Intelligent RF Management for Optimal Wireless Performance – Background scanning, transmit power control, channel assignment, band steering, fast roaming;
- Enhanced Wireless Security – WPA/WPA2 Enterprise/PSK, IEEE 802.1X with RADIUS, captive portal, Virtual LAN (VLAN), Guest Network, rogue AP detection, email alert notification;
- Simplified Management and Configuration without Licensing Fees – Easily manage up to 50 Neutron Series access points with an EnGenius Neutron Series WLAN Controller Switch, or use EnGenius ezMaster to manage 1,000+ Neutron Series access points and switches.
The EnGenius Neutron Series 11ac Wave2 4x4 indoor and outdoor access points will be available June 2016 in North America via authorized retailers, distributors and value-added resellers. For more information on EnGenius Technologies and its families of long-range wired and wireless datacom and telecom products visit www.engeniustech.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
About EnGenius Technologies
Established in 1999, EnGenius Technologies, Inc., is a US-based industry expert in wireless communications and radio frequency (RF) technology, delivering feature-rich, long-range wireless communications technology for voice and data. The versatility and performance of the company's solutions lower total cost of ownership, increase productivity and maximize return on investment.
EnGenius’ growing portfolio of networking solutions including Gigabit PoE switches, indoor and outdoor wireless networking products, and IP cameras for business deliver long-range connectivity, robust feature sets and versatility for class-leading performance at affordable price points.
The leader in premise mobility communications, EnGenius’ cordless business telephone systems and portable handsets deliver extremely long-range and reliable connectivity outdoors, throughout multi-story buildings and in complex environments. Whether using the FreeStyl system in an office setting or the durable, scalable DuraFon system in larger, complex environments, EnGenius phone systems enhance productivity and enable mobility throughout business properties.