CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SilkRoad (www.silkroad.com), a global leader in cloud-based talent management solutions, today released the 2016 edition of their annual Top Sources of Hire report. Developed from millions of data points collected through the SilkRoad Recruiting Applicant Tracking System (ATS), SilkRoad's Top Sources of Hire 2016 offers the definitive view of talent acquisition strategy effectiveness in today’s increasingly complex talent market.
- Indeed delivered more than six times as many interviews as CareerBuilder, the next largest external source
- Moreover, Indeed yielded nearly two and half times as many hires as all the other top branded external sources combined, i.e. CareerBuilder, Craigslist, LinkedIn and Monster*
- Employee referrals dominate recruiting among internal sources, producing 40% of interviews and 37% of hires, while ranking number one for hires among all the sources in the study
- The two top job search engines—Indeed and Simply Hired—accounted for the lion’s share of external online recruiting activity, namely 62% of interviews and 59% of hires
- Not yet deceased, job boards still comprised approximately 22% of all sources in the study, delivering 18% of interviews and 12% of hires
*External online sources include job search engines, job boards and social media sites
- “Changes in accessibility and candidate expectations demand that talent management adapt—especially regarding candidate sourcing,” said John Westby, vice president of corporate marketing at SilkRoad. “From a universe of sources, professionals are challenged to make intelligent selections to tap the right talent pipelines and optimize their recruitment budgets. SilkRoad’s Top Sources of Hire report helps ease those challenges.”
SilkRoad conducted the Top Source of Hire research by sampling 1,200 participating companies. The companies in the study ranged in size from as few as 100 employees to mid-market companies to large employers. Combined, the aggregate data enabled SilkRoad to gain insights into nearly 14,000,000 applications, more than 600,000 interviews, and more than 300,000 hires. The applicant tracking data from the SilkRoad ATS for the report came from more than 12,000 anonymous sources. The data was contributed in aggregate and no company names or numbers were used. Data was analyzed by two key benchmarks to evaluate source effectiveness: interviews and hires.
SilkRoad is a leading global provider of cloud-based, end-to-end talent management solutions that enable customers to find, attract, develop, and retain the best talent. The award-winning SilkRoad Life Suite includes Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, and HRMS solutions that are delivered through a tablet-friendly Talent Portal. The suite is easy to deploy and use – a single platform to rapidly boost employee engagement and business performance. Visit www.silkroad.com, follow on Twitter @SilkRoadTweets or call 866-329-3363 (U.S. toll free) or +1-312-574-3700.