SAN DIEGO & WOODSIDE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ASU GSV Summit:
What: The 7th Annual ASU GSV Summit, the most important assembly of leading innovators across the education and talent sectors. This three-day sold-out event gathers more than 3,500 entrepreneurs, business leaders, investors, policy makers, philanthropists, and educators to accelerate innovation in education and talent.
The Summit dives deep into the latest innovations in education and talent technology from K-12 to higher education, the future of work, and global education and talent management. Agenda highlights include:
- Keynotes from Bill Gates, Dr. Condoleezza Rice, Jim Collins, Ted Mitchell, General Stanley McChrystal and more.
- Discussions with industry thought-leaders including authors, politicians, and entrepreneurs such as Paul Jacobs, executive chairman of Qualcomm; Sal Khan, founder and CEO of Khan Academy; Guy Kawasaki, author, marketing specialist and venture capitalist; Common, world-renowned lyricist, actor and entertainment icon; Joel Spolsky, CEO of Stack Overflow; Mark Hoplamazian, President and CEO of Hyatt Hotels Corporation; Jim Collins, author of “Good to Great,” “Built to Last,” and “Great by Choice”; and Carol Dweck, author of “Mindset.”
- Presentations by 300+ world class venture and growth learning and talent companies and the inaugural Leaders Track, featuring presentations by CEOs of the world’s top public and private education and talent companies.
- Breakthrough Panels with technologists, authors, educators, policy leaders, and more.
- Inspiring award ceremonies honoring the 2016 GSV Lifetime Achievement Award Winners Mitch Kapor and Freada Kapor Klein, GSV Lifetime Achievement Award Winner for Advocacy of the Arts in Public Education Frank Gehry, and the 2016 GSV Innovator of Color Jessie Woolley-Wilson.
- Hands-on experiences with futuristic learning technology.
Where/When: The Manchester Grand Hyatt, San Diego, April 18 – 20, 2016
How: People not attending the ASU GSV Summit can join in the conversation on social media using the hashtag #asugsvsummit and follow along via:
- Livestream: asugsvsummitlive.com/
- Twitter: @asugsvsummit
- Facebook: ASU GSV Summit
- Instagram: @asugsvsummit
- Snapchat: asugsvsummit
- LinkedIn: ASU GSV Summit
Why: Arizona State University and Global Silicon Valley believe that education is the critical societal lever to ensure all global citizens participate in the future. They created the ASU GSV Summit to elevate the dialogue around raising educational outcomes through scaled innovation. The Summit has a powerful track record of bringing together the key stakeholders who are driving the future of education, and is a place where things happen – where connections are made, ideas are hatched, companies are accelerated, and innovative ideas are funded. Since its inception, Summit participants have gone on to raise more than $5B in equity capital and been involved in over $2B of disclosed M&A transactions.
For more information about the ASU GSV Summit please visit http://asugsvsummit.com.
About Global Silicon Valley
GSV is a family of connected businesses focused on three complementary disciplines: Investments, Strategic Services and Media. These collective businesses are united by an obsession with finding, investing in and partnering with the most dynamic growth companies in the world…the ones they call the Stars of Tomorrow.
About Arizona State University
Arizona State University has developed a new model for the American Research University, creating an institution that is committed to access, excellence and impact. ASU measures itself by those it includes, not by those it excludes. As the prototype for a New American University, ASU pursues research that contributes to the public good, and ASU assumes major responsibility for the economic, social and cultural vitality of the communities that surround it.