PRINCETON, N.J. & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), one of the largest payment processors in the United States, and Computop, a leading global payment service provider (PSP), today announced they have signed a strategic cooperation agreement. Through a non-exclusive collaboration, the Heartland Portico Gateway will be integrated with Computop Paygate, a robust platform with international payment solutions and fraud prevention, to enable Heartland’s U.S. customers to expand into new markets with secure international payment processing.
- With Heartland and Computop teaming up, customers who work with Heartland for their U.S. payment processing are now able to easily and securely extend their multichannel business globally and benefit from the large amount of domestic and international payment options that Computop Paygate provides.
- For Heartland customers, expanding to new geographies and integrating international payment methods won’t be time consuming or expensive since Computop Paygate has prebuilt integration cartridges available for leading enterprise resource planning (ERP) and shopping systems.
- With Computop’s deep experience in international e-commerce and fraud prevention, Heartland can offer its customers value-added services important for global business, including debt management solutions and access to multiple credit agency interfaces that verify an international shopper’s or business’ credit background.
- In addition to its ability to securely process a wide variety of international payment methods, Computop Paygate provides currency conversion, a solution that enables merchants to reflect and accept international currencies like Euros, United Kingdom Pound Sterling (GBP) and other currencies. This helps to reinforce consumer trust and reduce basket abandonment since shoppers see prices displayed in locally available currencies.
- Beyond the international benefits this collaboration delivers, it also offers Computop’s customers additional secure acquiring solutions in the U.S.
Joe Wysocki, senior director of e-commerce, Heartland
“We chose to work with Computop for a variety of reasons. Their strong functionality and security, combined with the breadth of payment methods that Computop Paygate offers for Latin America, Europe and Asia-Pacific regions, will serve our customers well as they expand their businesses internationally. They can rest assured that their global payment processing needs can be easily satisfied through this collaboration with Computop.”
Ralf Gladis, CEO, Computop
“We are very excited to be working with Heartland. Computop Paygate will help Heartland’s U.S. customers to succeed with their international e-commerce plans, and Computop’s customers gain enhanced acquiring solutions for the U.S. It’s a win-win for all parties.”
- [Photo] Joe Wysocki, director of e-commerce, Heartland
- [Photo] Ralf Gladis, CEO, Computop
- Read about Heartland.
- RSS feed for Heartland news releases.
- Read about Computop.
- For more information about Heartland’s news and activities, follow the company via Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook and YouTube.
Tags/Keywords: payment processing, payments, e-commerce, Heartland Payment Systems, Heartland, Heartland Portico Gateway, Joe Wysocki, Computop, Computop Paygate, Ralf Gladis
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE:HPY), one of the largest payment processors in the U. S., delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing and security technology through Heartland Secure™ and Heartland Secure Out-of-Scope solutions and its comprehensive Heartland breach warranty. Heartland also offers point of sale, mobile commerce, e-Commerce, marketing solutions, payroll solutions, and related business solutions and services to more than 300,000 business and educational locations nationwide.
A FORTUNE 1000 company, Heartland is the founding supporter of the Merchant Bill of Rights, a public advocacy initiative that educates merchants about fair credit and debit card processing practices. Heartland also established the Sales Professional Bill of Rights to advocate for the rights of sales professionals everywhere.
About Computop Paygate Platform
Computop Paygate is a PCI DSS certified payment platform that provides multichannel service providers and retailers with secure payment solutions and efficient fraud prevention for international markets. With just one interface needed, Computop Paygate allows retailers access to over 150 payment methods and acquirers including all relevant local and international payment options for e-commerce, MOTO, mobile payment and point-of-sale (POS) solutions. Leading e-commerce solutions from the likes of Demandware, SAP Hybris, Intershop, Magento, IBM Websphere and SAP Business ByDesign all support Computop Paygate as a preferred payment service solution for global payment processing. In addition, Computop offers Computop Paygate as a white label solution to banks and payment service providers (PSPs) enabling them to provide their customers with secure and seamless payment processing.
Computop is a leading global payment service provider (PSP) that provides compliant and secure solutions in the fields of e-commerce, POS, m-commerce and Mail Order and Telephone Order (MOTO). The company, founded in 1997, is headquartered in Bamberg, Germany, with additional independent offices in China, the U.K. and the U.S. Computop processes transactions totaling $14 billion per year for its client network of over 10,000 large international merchants and global marketplace partners in industries such as retail, travel and gaming. Global customers include C&A, Fossil, Metro Cash & Carry, Rakuten, Samsung and Swarovski. Following the recent asset deal with the Otto Group, Computop is now processing payments for merchants that previously used EOS Payment, including all 100 Otto retail brands. In cooperation with its network of financial and technology partners, which it has expanded over many years, Computop offers a comprehensive multichannel solution that is geared to the needs of today's market and provides merchants with seamlessly integrated payment processes.