LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA) launched Make March Matter, a month-long community campaign designed to rally local businesses and individuals in support of children’s health. The goal of the first year of this annual campaign is to raise $1 million in support of critical, life-saving care for children in Los Angeles. Each year, CHLA treats more than 111,000 children who face a broad range of health issues, from common illnesses to traumas to chronic diseases, advances research designed to improve their health outcomes and partners with physicians across the nation to bring the best care here to children in Los Angeles.
“Our mission of creating hope and building healthier futures pushes each one of us at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles to stretch ourselves in order to advance the field of pediatric medical care,” says DeAnn Marshall, senior vice president and chief development officer at CHLA. “The #MakeMarchMatter campaign is designed to rally businesses and our local community for one month out of the year in support of the commitment that we bring to our mission every day.”
CHLA is asking the community to do one of three things to support the campaign:
- Share 31 reasons that child health matters using the #MakeMarchMatter hashtag. Get all the details by going to www.MakeMarchMatter.org.
- Activate a donation being offered by one of more than 45 local corporate partners.
- Make a donation at MakeMarchMatter.org.
Keep Up with the Campaign
Visit the campaign website at MakeMarchMatter.org. There, you’ll be able to share 31 days of content related to child health and take social actions that support the patients of CHLA.
Corporations across the southland have agreed to support community members in giving back. Each of the businesses has selected a special, unique way to contribute to the campaign’s collective impact—with some selling specific items with proceeds supporting CHLA patients, others devoting a portion of overall sales for the entire month and still others creating their own unique fundraising campaigns to galvanize their employees and consumers to contribute.
“We owe a debt of gratitude to the corporations and collaborators that we have in the community who will be campaigning for us all month long,” Marshall says. “Being able to launch our first campaign with more than 45 local businesses already on board sends a strong message to the community about how philanthropic the Los Angeles business community truly is.”
By visiting, shopping or dining with a business supporting #MakeMarchMatter, individuals can activate donations to support the care of patients at CHLA. Local businesses participating in this year’s Make March Matter campaign include:
|Alfred Coffee||Los Angeles Clippers|
|Berrystar Frozen Yogurt||Lucky Soul|
|Beverly Hills 9OH2O||Neiman Marcus|
|California Pizza Kitchen||NorthStar Moving Company|
|Credit Unions for Kids||Panda Express|
|DC Entertainment||Price Waterhouse Coopers|
|Delta Air Lines||Project360 Fashion|
|Express Employment Professionals||Rosie G|
|FOX Sports West||SoCalGas|
|Green Grotto Juice Bar||Stella & Dot|
|Hilton & Hyland||Terranea|
|Il Pastaio Restaurant||Wundabar|
“Giving back to the communities where our employees and customers work and live is part of the culture and DNA at Delta Air Lines,” said Ranjan Goswami, Delta’s vice president, Sales-West, and member of the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles Board of Trustees. “Delta is a proud partner of Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, and participating in Make March Matter is just one of the many ways we support the programs and services they provide to keep kids healthy.”
Ways to Give
Ways to give to the Make March Matter campaign include:
- Visit, shop or dine with local businesses participating in the Make March Matter campaign. Full list available at MakeMarchMatter.org.
- Donate online at MakeMarchMatter.org
- Text the word ‘March’ to 91999 (standard messaging rates will apply)
- Shop to give at CHLA’s Online Store, Shop.CHLA.org
- Terranea Resort Sunset Ritual, Friday, March 4, 2016. The public and resort guests are invited to enjoy the sunset ritual on the Lobby Terrace and unwind with a ONEHOPE wine tasting. Additional glasses of ONEHOPE wine or bottles will be available for purchase and portions of the proceeds will benefit CHLA.
- IHOP International Pancake Day, Tuesday, March 8, 2016. Participating IHOP restaurants will offer one free short stack of pancakes to guests from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. In return, guests are encouraged to leave behind a voluntary donation to support Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
- Mega Monday, Monday, March 14, 2016. Campaign supporters will engage in a major social media push to promote MMM and encourage consumers to text-to-donate, visit participating retail partners and share how they are ‘Making March Matter.’
- Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills Shopping Event, Thursday, March 17, 2016. Shop at CUSP in Neiman Marcus from 6-8 p.m. and a portion of sales from selected vendors will be donated to CHLA. Interested attendees must RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PizzaRev Fundraising Event, Friday, March 18, 2016. Visit one of eight participating PizzaRev locations and 20 percent of sales will be donated to CHLA. For participating locations go to MakeMarchMatter.org.
- California Pizza Kitchen Fundraising Event, March 22-24, 2016. Dine at one of nine participating locations in Los Angeles and CPK will donate 20 percent of sales to CHLA. For participating locations and flyer go to MakeMarchMatter.org.
- Glamboutique Shopping Event, Tuesday, March 22, 2016. Shop at Glamboutique, 8113 Melrose Avenue, from 5-8 p.m. and a portion of sales will be donated to CHLA.
- Society Salon Styling Event, Saturday, March 26, 2016. Get your hair ‘hot tool’ styled at Society Salon, 8327 Melrose Avenue, from 5-8 p.m. and a portion of the evening’s proceeds will be donated to CHLA. Limited availability: must schedule an appointment by calling (323) 655-4555.
- Mega Miracle Day, Tuesday, March 29, 2016. Culminating Make March Matter, this daylong event reserved for MMM participating partners will highlight campaign successes and feature inspiring patient stories, lunch, entertainment, informative breakout sessions and opportunities to network with employees from businesses throughout Los Angeles.
Make March Matter
Make March Matter is an annual fundraising campaign that builds awareness and support for children’s health in Los Angeles. The campaign supports Children’s Hospital Los Angeles—a nonprofit pediatric hospital dedicated to offering more than 350 programs and services to help the health of children. The goal of the campaign is to raise $1 million in support of the Helping Hands Fund, which helps Children’s Hospital Los Angeles ensure that all of its pediatric patients receive the critical lifesaving care they need.
About Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is a nonprofit pediatric health care organization dedicated to creating hope and building healthier futures for children. Honored as the premier children’s hospital in California and among the top 10 in the nation, we treat 111,000 young patients annually from Los Angeles and around the world. As a pediatric charity of choice, the hospital relies on the generosity of the community to support its groundbreaking pediatric research and the complex care it provides for critically ill and injured children.