DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bncmll/burgeoning_mega) has announced the addition of the "Burgeoning Mega Cities in SSA" report to their offering.
By 2025, more than 70% of Africa's population is expected to be living in cities. A Mega City is defined as an urban area with a population of more than 8 million and a gross domestic product (GDP) of at least $250 billion. There are several emerging Mega Cities in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), including Lagos, Kinshasa, Luanda, and Johannesburg.
The rapid growth of Mega Cities places severe strain on economic, ecological, and social resources. The effective use of information and communications technology (ICT) in these cities will lead to efficient service delivery and integrated solutions, introducing significant opportunities for ICT providers.
- Emerging Mega Cities in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) include Lagos, Kinshasa, Luanda, and Johannesburg.
- The rapid growth of Mega Cities places severe strain on economic, ecological, and social resources; it has become increasingly difficult to manage city growth.
- The effective use of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in cities will lead to efficient service delivery and integrated solutions. Thus, the growth of Mega Cities necessitates Smart City development.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
2. Research Objectives and Scope
- Research Aim and Objectives
- Research Scope
3. Market Overview
- Global Urbanisation Trends
- Urbanisation Mega Trends in Africa
- Key Challenges in Mega Cities
- Defining Smart Cities
- Key Features Defining a Smart City
4. ICT as an Enabler of Smart City Development
- Smart City Stakeholders
- Smart City Business Models
- Smart City Products and Services
- Stakeholders Shaping the Smart City
- Smart City Solutions Value Chain
- Opportunities for Smart City Provider Groups
5. Global Smart City Developments
- Case Study: Seoul-City Overview
- Case Study: Seoul-Key Initiatives
- Case Study: Seoul-Key Success Factors
- Case Study: London-City Overview
- Case Study: London-Smart City Vision and Key Initiatives
- Case Study: London-Key Success Factors
6. Key Cities in Africa
- The State of African Cities
- Overview of Mega Cities in Africa
- Smart Cities in Africa-Overview
- Greenfield Smart Cities in Africa-A Closer Look
7. Drivers and Restraints
8. The Smart City Maturity Matrix
- Smart City Maturity Matrix Introduction
- Methodology of the Smart City Maturity Matrix
- Smart City Maturity Matrix Results for SSA
- Summary of Leading Smart Cities-Cape Town
- Summary of Leading Smart Cities-Johannesburg
- Summary of Leading Smart Cities-Lagos
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bncmll/burgeoning_mega