NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NRF BIG SHOW — Impinj, Inmotion and ShopWithMe today announced that ShopWithMe stores are now fully enabled with RAIN RFID technology, creating the world's first smart, portable, interactive retail environments. All store products and fixtures use embedded RAIN RFID to create a truly dynamic shopping experience.
The ShopWithMe interactive “Smart Stores” stores combine the best of online and in-store retail shopping experiences. They quickly integrate a retailer’s or brand’s content and inventory to offer a fully integrated and branded shopping experience anywhere. They also employ retail innovations, developed by Inmotion using Impinj’s RAIN RFID products, including dynamic interactive displays, smart fitting rooms and advanced checkout functionalities.
Interactive retail solutions that connect items in a store using RAIN RFID are transforming the way shoppers interact with store merchandise. RAIN RFID allows retailers of any size to leverage the benefits of inventory intelligence, interactive product experiences and smart fitting rooms to streamline business, enhance the shopper’s experience and deliver quantifiable results.
“ShopWithMe is driven by the idea that online and offline shopping experiences complement and reflect the best of both channels,” said Jonathan Jenkins, Founder and CEO of ShopWithMe. “Inmotion helped make our vision a reality. The Impinj platform makes it possible to continue to further the development of new retail innovations that provide customers with a satisfying experience while also providing brands new technology with measurable impact.”
In-store innovations developed by Inmotion for ShopWithMe utilizing the Impinj platform include:
- Retail Pixel Wall – Displays brand engagement and product information when shoppers interact with products. All items in the store have a RAIN RFID tag so that as a shopper approaches the Pixel Wall with an item, information about that item is displayed on the digital wall in front of them, helping them find available sizes, styles and colors.
- Reactable Table – Shoppers can learn about a product by simply selecting it from a vertical or horizontal digital display table. Selecting merchandise from the table triggers interactive product information on the display.
- Smart Fitting Room – When a shopper brings clothing items to the fitting room, interactive product information is displayed directly on the mirror for the customer to explore. The mirror also has suggestive selling components, conversion incentives and options for the shopper to request additional items through mobile alerts to the salesperson.
- Assisted Checkout – No more waiting in line at checkout. RAIN technology detects and groups items in an electronic shopping cart. Shoppers can swipe a credit card or use the ShopWithMe mobile app to complete their transaction.
- Wayfinding – For shoppers looking for a specific product, Impinj’s platform detects the location of store inventory, directing shoppers and staff to exact product locations.
“It’s exciting and challenging to work with an innovative retailer like ShopWithMe to bring their vision to life. We share their passion for pushing the experience forward for shoppers and brands, and we’re fortunate to have a partner like Impinj, whose technology platform makes it all possible,” said Frederick Bleckmann, Founder and Creative Technologist at Inmotion.
“RAIN is making new interactions and experiences possible for brands and retailers of all sizes,” said Eric Brodersen, Impinj President and COO. “ShopWithMe has boldly reimagined the in-store shopping experience and Inmotion was a key player in bringing it to life. We’re proud to know our technology and platform make that possible. With partners like Inmotion and ShopWithMe, we strive to innovate solutions that solve business challenges while also better serving the customer.”
Impinj is a leading provider of RAIN RFID solutions. Impinj delivers Item Intelligence information, physical items’ unique identity, location and authenticity, to the digital world, which the company believes is the essence of the Internet of Things. Its platform connects billions of everyday items such as apparel, medical supplies, automobile parts, drivers’ licenses, food and luggage to applications such as inventory management, patient safety, asset tracking and item authentication, delivering real-time information to businesses about items they create, manage, transport and sell. For more information, visit www.impinj.com.
In creating digital retail experiences for the consumer in retail, Inmotion allows the branding and product interaction to be intensely personal. Various technologies are synced so that the consumer is able to be absorbed in a web-like experience and the brand story via responsive smartscreens while interacting with the product. Brand context, technical specifications, and social trending data can be delivered with each product selection so that the customer experiences the product’s story. Inmotion also provides marketing, store managers, and floor staff access to real-time visitor activity data. Analytics are provided that show consumer activity prior to purchase and promotional effectiveness. For more information, visit www.inmotionx.com.
Founded in March 2011 as OrderWithMe, WithMe creates beautifully simple tools for retail, offering three primary solutions for enterprise and consumer markets, including WithMe Business, WithMe Financial, and ShopWithMe Retail. ShopWithMe is an entirely new experience for today's consumer, enabling shoppers to touch physical goods in-store while browsing and easily ordering related or out of stock products that get shipped to their home. The company has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, CNBC and Entrepreneur Magazine. Learn more by visiting the ShopWithMe website link: http://shopwithme.com/.