SARATOGA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Roku Inc. today unveiled an early look at some of its Black Friday specials helping streamers get a head start on their shopping lists. The company introduced the Roku® SE streaming player, a special edition player that will be available in limited supply for the Black Friday weekend online and at select national retailers. With the suggested retail price of $49.99, slashed to a deep Black Friday discount of just $25, the Roku SE is the most affordable Roku player ever. In addition, promotions on other popular Roku streaming models may be offered during the Black Friday weekend.
The new Roku SE streaming player:
- Runs Roku OS 7, the company’s newest built-for-TV operating system
- Offers 1080p video streaming and a simple user interface
- Provides access to nearly 3,000 streaming channels including 300,000 movies and TV episodes
- Search for movies, TV shows, actors and directors across 20+ top streaming channels and easily see available streaming options by price and availability; plus follow and receive notifications for box office movies and other entertainment when available for streaming
- Compatible with HDMI and analog TVs
- Roku Mobile App for iOS or Android offers mobile access to key features such as Roku Search, Roku Feed, Remote Control, Play on Roku and more
- Cast content from a mobile device to the TV via specific streaming channels or the Roku Mobile App
- Use on the go with Hotel and Dorm Connect for quick wireless connectivity in locations that require log-in credentials to access the Wi-Fi network
“The popularity of streaming to the TV continues to grow, and streaming players are sure to be at the top of many holiday wish lists,” said Roku Chief Marketing Officer Matthew Anderson. “The Roku SE player sets a new precedent in streaming player value this Black Friday. From 4K UHD streaming with the new Roku 4, to the simple and portable Roku Streaming Stick, to the affordable Roku SE; there’s a Roku player for everyone.”
Consumers will also find the entire line-up of Roku players online and at major national retailers this holiday season, including:
- Roku 4 – The best Roku player ever; supports 4K Ultra HD up to 60 fps streaming; features voice search, headphone jack and remote finder
- Roku 3 – Lightning fast and loaded; features remote with voice search and headphone jack
- Roku 2 – High performance at a great value
- Roku 1 – Great value; works with newer HDMI and older composite cable TVs
- Roku Streaming Stick – Ideal for wall-mounted TVs; portable and powerful for streaming anywhere, anytime
About Roku, Inc.
Roku is the creator of a popular streaming platform for delivering entertainment to the TV. Roku streaming players and the Roku Streaming Stick® are made by Roku and sold through major retailers in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., the Republic of Ireland, Mexico and France. Roku licenses a reference design and operating system to TV manufacturers to create co-branded Roku TV models. Under the Roku Powered™ program, Roku licenses its streaming platform to Pay TV providers around the world who want to use the Internet to deliver entertainment services through streaming players. Roku was founded by Anthony Wood, inventor of the DVR. Roku is privately held and headquartered in Saratoga, Calif., U.S.
Roku and Streaming Stick are registered trademarks and Roku TV and Roku Powered are trademarks of Roku, Inc. in the U.S. and in other countries.