HANGZHOU, China--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Alibaba Group Holding Limited (NYSE:BABA), today launched Alibaba Defined, a comprehensive digital experience created to help audiences outside of China better understand the company’s business model, strategy, and products and services.
Alibaba Defined includes letters from Executive Chairman Jack Ma and Chief Executive Officer Daniel Zhang and other traditional annual report content. Alibaba Defined is now live at http://ar.alibabagroup.com/2015/index.html.
“Alibaba needs no explanation in China, where consumers interact with our products and services every single day. But for those outside of China, who have limited access to our ecosystem, it can be difficult to appreciate our vision, our company and what we are working to achieve,” said Joe Tsai, Executive Vice Chairman. “Our first annual report was the ideal opportunity to create a comprehensive experience for everyone who wants to better understand us.”
Alibaba Defined includes visually-rich interactive content showcasing Alibaba’s ecosystem. Visitors can walk through the seller experience, following along as an entrepreneur uses Alibaba to start, run and grow a business. Similarly, users can experience a day in the life of a typical consumer to understand how Alibaba’s more than 360 million yearly buyers use its products and services.
To understand Alibaba, it’s also necessary to have some understanding of China. To this end, Alibaba Defined transports viewers to modern China, providing necessary context for them to appreciate how China’s e-commerce market became the largest in the world in just a few years – and the size of the still-untapped market opportunity.
Through a series of videos, Alibaba Defined helps users see for themselves how Alibaba is building the infrastructure of commerce for the future – starting by connecting all of China, including the 600 million-strong rural population, and expanding its international operations by helping global companies and brands access China’s large and growing middle class.
To experience Alibaba Defined, visit http://ar.alibabagroup.com/2015/index.html. Follow the conversation at @AlibabaGroup.
About Alibaba Group
Alibaba Group’s mission is to make it easy to do business anywhere. The company is the largest online and mobile commerce company in the world in terms of gross merchandise volume. Founded in 1999, the company provides the fundamental technology infrastructure and marketing reach to help businesses leverage the power of the Internet to establish an online presence and conduct commerce with hundreds of millions of consumers and other businesses.
Alibaba Group’s major businesses include:
- Taobao Marketplace (www.taobao.com), China's largest online shopping destination
- Tmall.com (www.tmall.com), China’s largest third-party platform for brands and retailers
- Juhuasuan (www.juhuasuan.com), China’s most popular online group buying marketplace
- Alitrip (www.alitrip.com), a leading online travel booking platform
- AliExpress (www.aliexpress.com), a global online marketplace for consumers to buy directly from China
- Alibaba.com (www.alibaba.com), China’s largest global online wholesale platform for small businesses
- 1688.com (www.1688.com), a leading online wholesale marketplace in China
- AliCloud (www.alicloud.com), a provider of cloud computing services to businesses and entrepreneurs