PAWTUCKET, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) today honors the creative childhood staple by celebrating the first-ever World PLAY-DOH Day! Recognized as ‘National’ PLAY-DOH Day in the United States since 2006, excitement surrounding the annual holiday has grown beyond boundaries to inspire artists across the globe to explore what’s possible. PLAY-DOH fans can enjoy the holiday by creating and sharing their own PLAY-DOH masterpieces and by visiting the PLAY-DOH Facebook page to see a virtual ‘parade’ featuring sculpts submitted by PLAY-DOH fans around the world.
“The PLAY-DOH Day holiday has brought creativity and fun to fans for more than eight years, inspiring both kids and adults to use their imaginations for limitless, hands-on creative play,” said Greg Lombardo, vice president of marketing for the PLAY-DOH brand. “From Canada to Brazil to Australia we are thrilled to bring together fans from across the globe to celebrate World PLAY-DOH Day for the first time.”
To encourage fans around the world to celebrate, here are several fun facts about the PLAY-DOH brand:
1. Four colors started it all: red, blue, yellow, and white. Now the PLAY-DOH brand is available in more than 50 colors!
2. The inside scoop: PLAY-DOH compound has three core ingredients: water, salt, and flour.
3. To the moon: Since 1956, more than two billion PLAY-DOH cans have been sold. That’s enough PLAY-DOH compound to reach to the moon and back THREE times.
4. A great year: 1956 was the year the PLAY-DOH brand was born.
5. PLAY-DOH compound in dinos: The estimated weight of all PLAY-DOH compound sold is heavier than 10,000 brontosauruses.
6. Around the World in PLAY-DOH compound: It would take more than 631 million PLAY-DOH cans to circle around the globe.
7. PLAY-DOH compound in pennies: You can fit 172 pennies – or $1.72 – in one PLAY-DOH can.
8. Claim to fame: PLAY-DOH compound was inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame in 1998.
9. Creating around the world: PLAY-DOH compound and playsets are sold in more than 80 countries.
10. On The Edge: Did you know that PLAY-DOH cans are made with a tapered edge to easily stack and store empty cans to reuse again?
To enjoy the virtual parade, or to gather some inspiration for at-home celebrations, stop by the PLAY-DOH Facebook page: facebook.com/playdoh.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences, by leveraging its beloved brands, including LITTLEST PET SHOP, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MONOPOLY, MY LITTLE PONY, NERF, PLAY-DOH and TRANSFORMERS, and premier partner brands. From toys and games, television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and lifestyle licensing, Hasbro fulfills the fundamental need for play and connection with children and families around the world. The Company's Hasbro Studios and its film label, ALLSPARK PICTURES, create entertainment brand-driven storytelling across mediums, including television, film, digital and more. Through the company's commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).