BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The app that started it all for Halfbrick Studios, creators of the legendary produce-slaying game Fruit Ninja, has just turned five and has achieved one billion downloads. To help say “Happy Birthday, Halfbrick,” the crew at Google Play has arranged a special surprise. For one week only, Android users can get the Aussie studio’s most popular games – including the newly updated Fruit Ninja – from an exclusive Halfbrick cluster on the Google Play homepage.
In addition, Google Play’s green little mascot, the Android Robot, will be muscling in on the action by making exclusive cameos in some of Halfbrick’s favorite games, as follows:
- Fruit Ninja – There’s a new Tournament Mode and six mini-games, as well as a fancy a new fruit-dissecting battlethon with the Android robot.
- Jetpack Joyride – There’s a new “Cut-n-Run” game mode. Also, the Android Robot becomes one of the game's scientists.
- Monster Dash – Users can enjoy a new katana weapon, ninja outfit and bomb obstacles, as well as taking on a new Android robot challenge.
- Band Stars – Not only is there a Juicy Fruit Ninja studio, but users can win a new Android Robot ornament.
- Radical Rappelling – Users can try new Fruit Ninja costumes and abseil away with a new Android Robot accessory.
- Yes Chef – There are 25 new levels, and the Android robot comes into the restaurant as a new customer.
- Bears vs Art – There are new challenges and costumes.
- Fruit Ninja Academy: Math Master – There’s a new party sticker pack.
- Top Farm – There are new buildings, characters and challenges.
Google Play is also holding a sale on the must-have extras that enable users to kick butt a little bit harder on their favorite games, as follows:
- Fruit Ninja – 60% off 3rd tier premium currency pack
- Jetpack Joyride – 66% off Sleigh of Awesome
- Monster Dash – 50% off new Fruit Ninja blade
- Band Stars – 50% off Critters Pack
- Radical Rappelling – 50% high-tier Ruby pack
- Fruit Ninja Academy: Math Master – Entire game is discounted by 50%!
- Yes Chef – 50% off Beginner's Bundle
- Top Farm – 50% off Sack of Diamonds (160 gems)
The new Fruit Ninja update is available Thursday, August 6, 2015. It features a new Tournament Mode, six new mini-games and the Golden Ember Blade and is downloadable on App Store, Google Play and the Amazon Appstore for Android.
Halfbrick is a professional game development studio based in Brisbane, Australia. Founded in 2001, it has developed many popular games across mobile and digital platforms including Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride and Fish Out Of Water. For further information, visit halfbrick.com and follow on Twitter, YouTube or Facebook.