SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Tripping.com, the world's largest search engine for vacation homes and short-term rentals, today announced it has raised $16 million in Series B financing from investors across New York, Silicon Valley, Asia, and Europe. Today’s news coincides with the unveiling of significant growth statistics, including a 2,918% increase in traffic and a 2,390% increase in monthly revenues since last summer. In addition, the company now carefully curates and offers over five million rental listings worldwide.
“In the short time since Tripping.com received their Series A funding last May, their growth has been exponential,” said Erik Blachford, former Expedia CEO and active private company investor. “As the leading metasearch site for vacation rentals, Tripping.com has clearly jumped into the market head-first. Their numbers show they’re already making a massive impact on the industry, both in the United States and abroad, and I’m excited to be along for the ride.”
The round was led by Steadfast Venture Capital. Other notable firms and individual investors include:
- 7 Seas Venture Partners: venture partner Jeff Xiong is the former CTO of Tencent
- Enspire Capital: venture firm with offices in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore
- Azure Capital: venture firm with investments in travel companies TripIt and Switchfly
- Erik Blachford: former CEO of Expedia and IAC Travel
- Fritz Demopoulos: founder of travel metasearch giant Qunar in China
- Monte Koch: board member at Choice Hotels & founder of Auction.com
- Drew Goldman: head of Real Estate Investment Banking for Deutsche Bank
- Brendan Wallace: formerly of The Blackstone Group and co-founder of Identified
- Shawntae Spencer: former NFL Athlete (49ers / Raiders)
Born out of a desire to save travelers time and money, Tripping.com has grown into the world’s largest one-stop-shop for vacation rentals with over five million listings spanning 100,000 destinations worldwide. The company is partnered with the world’s top rental sites including HomeAway, VRBO, TripAdvisor, Booking.com and dozens more. By pulling their partners’ listings into a single platform, Tripping.com makes it easy for travelers to search, compare, and book vacation homes around the globe.
Travelers already see the value in Tripping.com, as over 1/3 of their users repeatedly return to Tripping.com to book rentals. Over the past year, Tripping.com has experienced explosive growth, including:
- 2,390% growth in monthly revenues
- 2,918% growth in traffic to over 2 million unique visitors per month
- 158% growth in listings to over 5 million rental listings in 100,000 destinations worldwide
“Before Tripping.com, travelers would spend hours searching for vacation rentals across an average of five sites. Now they simply come to Tripping.com to browse millions of properties with a single click,” said Jen O’Neal, Founder and CEO of Tripping.com. “We’re thrilled to announce our Series B today. This funding will enable us to fuel our growth, expand aggressively into international markets and enhance our mobile offering. This is a momentous milestone - I’m extremely proud of our team and grateful for the support of our investors.”
Headquartered in San Francisco, Tripping.com is the world's largest site for vacation homes and short-term rentals. With over 5 million property listings in 100,000 destinations worldwide, Tripping.com makes it easy to compare vacation rentals from the world's top travel sites including HomeAway, VRBO, TripAdvisor, Flipkey, Booking.com and more. To find an amazing vacation rental for your next trip, visit www.tripping.com.