WESTBOROUGH, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SimpliVity announced today that demand for its revolutionary hyperconverged infrastructure solutions continued to accelerate globally in the first half of 2015, as businesses displace legacy IT infrastructure and simplify IT. As of June 30, the Company grew sales bookings by nearly 250% year-over-year.
Growing Customer Demand
Deployments of SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure totals more than 2000, with about 550 large and mid-sized enterprises counted as customers, nearly 380% year over year growth. Demand for SimpliVity’s integrated solution with Cisco UCS continues to grow, with 4x the number of deals this quarter compared to Q1 2015. Recent global SimpliVity customers include: Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group and totes»ISOTONER Corporation in the US, Intersport Group in Germany, Monte Nissin in Singapore, the St Andrews Anglican College in Australia, Alten in France, PT Bukaka Teknik Utama Tbk in Indonesia, as well as five Fortune 100 companies, a top five oil and gas company, a top five global entertainment company and a top 10 global telecommunications company.
Global Business Expansion
Expanding global operations has been a top priority for the business, as adoption for SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure is strong worldwide, with 50% of sales outside of N.A.
- The company grew its worldwide business operations to 21 countries. Through its global partner program, SimpliVity does business in 60 countries.
- SimpliVity built out its world-class customer support operations with two new support centers in Cork, Ireland and Raleigh, North Carolina.
- The company hired 150 new team members (35% growth year over year) now totaling more than 550 employees, and growing at a pace of about 10 people per week.
Strengthens Leadership Team
SimpliVity also added strength to its leadership team to support the next phase of its business. Two key executives have joined the company:
- Jose Almandoz joined as senior vice president of operations to drive execution excellence across the business. Almandoz previously held various executive positions with Novell, including CIO and vice president of global field operations. He also served as president of Novell, Latin America. He joined SimpliVity from Intralinks, where for the last three years he served as executive vice president, services, operations and CIO for the public company.
- Randi Nichols joined the company as vice president, human resources, to enable SimpliVity’s dramatic employee growth and development. Nichols has 30 years of experience in HR leadership positions at technology and healthcare companies. Most recently, she was the vice president of human resources at Masonic Health Systems.
In addition to significant company growth, this year has marked other milestones for SimpliVity:
- In March, the company secured $175 M in series D financing. With a valuation of more than $1 billion, SimpliVity became one of the fastest growing IT infrastructure companies.
- SimpliVity was recognized for the 3rd consecutive year as one of ComputerWorld’s Best places to Work in IT.
Amith Ganesan, Architect, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
“SimpliVity is challenging the data center status quo with its operationally-efficient and cost-efficient hyperconverged infrastructure. As a premier hotel chain, our data centers serve as the backbone of the business. We selected SimpliVity because it combined enterprise-grade functionalities with the economics, ease of management and scalability of cloud computing to better serve our end users and deliver the world-class customer experience Mandarin clients expect."
Preston Cruser, Director IT Infrastructure & Operations,
“Earlier this year, Totes investigated IT infrastructures to support our new ERP system, and SimpliVity’s hyperconverged infrastructure was a great fit for our requirements. Unlike other solutions, SimpliVity converged more than storage and compute resources. It’s a truly hyperconverged infrastructure solution that meets our need for virtual scalability across the multiple data center environment created to support our mission critical ERP system.”
Rory Chapman, Director of ICT and St Andrews Anglican College
“The decision to deploy SimpliVity came down to the excellent support provided by their partners, Serenity IT, and the ability for our school to be able to move into a cost-effective, high performance, hyperconverged solution, giving us a much better disaster recovery solution – whilst all being managed though the familiar VMware vCenter console.”
Doron Kempel, CEO, SimpliVity
“As companies increasingly investigate the benefits of hyperconvergence, they quickly realize the difference between basic convergence of storage and compute resources with SimpliVity’s revolutionary innovation of virtualizing all IT below the hypervisor into simple 2U building blocks of x86 sharable resources,” said Doron Kempel, CEO, SimpliVity. “In just two years of shipping product, the market has been overwhelmingly receptive to the groundbreaking concept. We are at the beginning of a paradigm shift in IT infrastructure as progressive IT leaders see the opportunity to dramatically simplify their environments and focus on driving business performance.”
- Read SimpliVity’s case studies
- Learn more at SimpliVity’s blog
- Follow SimpliVity on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+
Founded with a mission to simplify IT, SimpliVity is a pioneer in the hyperconverged infrastructure market, disrupting the status quo of complex and cumbersome legacy IT systems. SimpliVity’s hyperconverged IT platform delivers enterprise-class performance and availability that today’s IT leaders require, with the cloud economics their business demands. No other company has taken on the mega task of assimilating all IT elements below the hypervisor (8-12 disparate functions) into a simple 2U building block of x86 sharable resources to deliver unmatched IT simplicity, operational efficiency, and 3x TCO savings. The company’s unique data virtualization architecture improves performance, protection and data efficiency, while also enabling global unified management from a single console. SimpliVity has revolutionized IT systems for hundreds of enterprises around the world. Headquartered in Westborough, Mass., the company has raised more than $276 million in venture capital and employs more than 600 worldwide. SimpliVity's business model is 100 percent indirect, and its solutions and professional services are available worldwide through its network of resellers and distributors. For more information, visit www.simplivity.com.
Note: SimpliVity, the SimpliVity logo, OmniCube, OmniStack, and Data Virtualization Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of SimpliVity Corporation in the United States and certain other countries. All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.