CANNES, France--(BUSINESS WIRE)--YuMe, Inc. (NYSE:YUME), the global audience technology company powered by data-driven insights and multi-platform expertise, announces the launch of its programmatic video marketplace for agencies, brand advertisers and publishers. The offering includes both demand and supply side platforms, powered by its data management platform. The new platforms leverage YuMe’s core strengths in audience insights, multi-screen reach and proactive brand safety in video advertising.
“Our full-stack programmatic platform offering will go beyond simply automating media transactions to provide truly multi-screen audiences and preemptive brand safety that’s largely lacking in today’s programmatic video landscape,” said Jayant Kadambi, Co-Founder and CEO of YuMe. “We believe this combination is unique in the market and favorably positions us to capture more TV ad dollars as they begin migrating to programmatic digital video.”
Clients who have benefitted from YuMe’s customer service, customization, and direct sales channel can now optimize YuMe’s suite of products to increase scale and multi-platform audience insights.
The YuMe programmatic video marketplace offering consists of two products:
- YuMe for Advertisers (YFA): YFA has been developed as a demand side platform (DSP) with advanced multi-screen audience reach capabilities and access to YuMe’s video advertising supply, as well as other major video marketplaces and supply side platforms (SSPs). YFA addresses marketers’ key concerns around viewability, traffic quality, and attention through the use of proactive brand safety technology. Furthermore, YFA allows advertisers to benefit from YuMe’s proprietary media offerings, including award-winning interactive ad units and audience targeting solutions such as YuMe Audience Segments and Household Targeting.
- YuMe for Publishers (YFP): The release marks the next-generation of YuMe’s publisher monetization platform. YFP is evolving into a real-time bidding (RTB) second-price auction marketplace with ad-serving, yield management, publisher analytics and supply side platform functionality.
The offering’s foundational component, YuMe’s Data Management Platform (YDMP), aggregates and analyzes YuMe’s SDK-driven, first-party data to power unique audience insights and segmentation. The multi-screen audience segments powered by YDMP enable YuMe’s agency, brand and publisher clients to utilize the benefits of first-party data in audience targeting that is uniquely offered by YuMe while enjoying the efficiencies of programmatic technologies. YDMP further utilizes first-party audience data and other third-party data sources as added features, to provide clients with greater flexibility around audience targeting capabilities.
“YuMe is in a perfect position to offer our proven technology that has successfully powered our advertiser and publisher solutions for a decade to a broader audience,” said Venkat Krishnan, SVP, Product at YuMe. “Our consistent focus, coupled with new technologies, enables us to connect consumers with brand advertisers with the right content at their most attentive state.”
eMarketer estimates that US programmatic digital video ad spending will reach $2.18 billion in 2015, accounting for 28% of total digital video ad spending. This trend is likely to continue: eMarketer expects US programmatic digital video ad spending to grow 76% in 2016 to $3.84 billion, or 40% of total digital video ad spending. 
Rich Routman, Global CRO of Perform Media, added that, “As a longtime partner of YuMe, we are pleased to see the company continue to innovate, and are certain their programmatic offering will continue to serve our strategy of automating certain portions of our sales process and understanding our audiences at a more granular level.”
Key Marketplace Benefits:
YuMe’s programmatic platforms will provide a series of marketplace advantages including:
- Innovation: By natively integrating YuMe’s audience insights, multi-screen reach and proactive brand safety features along with its award-winning interactive ad units, YuMe’s programmatic platforms stand apart from others in market.
- Comprehensive/Customizable: YuMe’s programmatic marketplace offering will deliver all key feature and capability needs such as private marketplace (PMP) and real-time bidding based buying and selling for advertisers and publishers.
- Enhanced Analytics: Advanced reporting and forecasting features are delivered within an intuitive and fresh user interface.
- Open: Integration with third-party vendors such as DMPs, traffic quality/brand safety vendors, DSPs and supply marketplaces will allow for maximum flexibility.
“YuMe’s newest set of programmatic video advertising tools holds tremendous potential for our business,” said Ryan Lash, Founder and CEO of ymarketing, the recently nominated Media Agency of the Year by thinkLA. “As we look to place high quality video advertising campaigns on behalf of our international brand clients, the challenges we face typically relate to scale and quality. With YuMe, we know we are achieving effective audience reach while keeping brands consistent and safe wherever ads are placed.”
YuMe, Inc. (NYSE: YUME) is a leading provider of digital video brand advertising solutions. Its proprietary data science-driven technologies and large audience footprint drive inventory monetization and enable advertisers to reach targeted, brand receptive audiences across a wide range of Internet-connected devices. Designed to serve the specific needs of brand advertising, YuMe’s technology platform simplifies the complexities associated with delivering effective digital video advertising campaigns in today’s highly fragmented market. YuMe is headquartered in Redwood City, CA with European headquarters in London and 17 additional offices worldwide. For more information, visit YuMe.com/pr, follow @YuMeVideo, and like YuMe on Facebook.
Current YuMe logos can be found at www.yume.com/news/logos.
YuMe is a trademark of YuMe. All other brands, products or service names are or may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including those in management quotations. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the words “may,” “will,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “objective,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,” “project,” “potential,” “continue” and “ongoing,” or the negative of these terms, or other comparable terminology intended to identify statements about the future. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, statements about our product offerings, strategic partnerships and the benefits derived therefrom, growth strategies; operating results; market trends; and quotations from management. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, assumptions and other factors that could cause actual results and the timing of events to differ materially from future results that are expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include YuMe’s history of net losses and limited operating history, which make it difficult to evaluate prospects, YuMe’s fluctuating quarterly results of operations, and dependence on a limited number of customers in a highly competitive industry. These and other risk factors are discussed under “Risk Factors” in YuMe’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2015 that has been filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”), and in our future filings and reports with the SEC. The forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to YuMe as of the date hereof, and we assume no obligation to update any forward-looking statements.