WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Crowd Research Partners today announced the results of a comprehensive insider threat survey conducted in cooperation with the 260,000+ member Information Security Community on LinkedIn and leading security vendors: Bitglass, Dell Software, Fasoo, Heat Software, LightCyber, ObserveIT, Palerra, RES Software, Sergeant Laboratories, SpectorSoft, Vectra Networks and Watchful Software.
Based on the insight of over 500 cybersecurity professionals, the Insider Threat Report uncovers the hard facts on insider threats and what cybersecurity professionals are doing to prevent, detect and remediate these threats.
Key findings include:
- Privileged users, such as managers with access to sensitive information, pose the biggest insider threat to organizations (59 percent). This is followed by contractors and consultants (48 percent), and regular employees (46 percent).
- 62 percent of security professionals say insider threats have become more frequent in the last 12 months. But only 34 percent expect additional budget to address the problem.
- Fewer than 50 percent of organizations have appropriate controls to prevent insider attacks.
- 62 percent of respondents say that insider attacks are far more difficult to detect and prevent than external attacks.
- 38 percent of survey respondents estimate remediation cost to reach up to $500,000 per insider attack. 64 percent of respondents find it difficult to estimate the damage of a successful insider attack.
The report further highlights the user categories that pose the biggest threat, the apps and data most vulnerable to insider attacks, common launch points for attacks, budget trends and more.
Download the full Insider Threat Report.
About Crowd Research Partners
Crowd Research Partners creates crowd-sourced thought leadership content that delivers market insight and real-time benchmarks for today’s professionals, informing and guiding their planning, daily work practices and buying decisions. Leverage the wisdom of the crowd to create fact-based, peer-sourced and social-optimized content that resonates with today's busy professionals. Visit us at http://www.crowdresearchpartners.com