LONDON & FRISCO, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GENBAND, a leading provider of real-time solutions, today announced that it has extended its Smart Office™ UC solutions to support NextPlane’s UC federation service, UC Exchange. With NextPlane UC Exchange, Smart Office users can connect, communicate, and collaborate with more than 250 federation-ready organizations and 1,000 UC domains around the world.
“GENBAND has always been committed to open solutions,” said Patrick Joggerst, GENBAND’s EVP and Chief Marketing Officer. “By joining NextPlane’s growing UC Exchange we’re delivering on the promise of seamless, real-time collaboration with business partners, supply chain vendors, third-party suppliers and customers as if they are all on the same platform, helping to simplify business processes and realize value.”
NextPlane’s UC Exchange Service is the fastest-growing, cloud-based community of federation-ready organizations. As a platform member of UC Exchange, GENBAND can now enable its customers to participate in secure, federated and collaborative business communities while bypassing the associated technical challenges.
“We’re thrilled to welcome GENBAND into our growing community. They have consistently embraced open standards, and we are sure that their customers including enterprises, service providers and Nuvia Cloud users will all benefit,” added Farzin Shahidi, CEO, NextPlane. “Enhancing UC Exchange to federate with GENBAND’s Smart Office solution and their EXPERiUS Application Server is a natural fit for both organizations.”
- GENBAND is joining the NextPlane UC Exchange, which already numbers more than 250 federation-ready organizations and 1000 UC domains around the world.
- NextPlane’s UC Exchange enables end-users to engage their business associates across different organizations via real-time communication, using instant messaging, presence and multi-party chat.
- The NextPlane UC Exchange Federation Service enables seamless collaboration regardless of device or location and connects a broad range of UC platforms, including GENBAND Smart Office; Microsoft Office® 365, Lync 2013 and 2010, OCS 2007 R1 and R2; Cisco WebEx Messenger, Unified Communication Manager IM and Presence Service, and Jabber XCP; IBM Sametime; Unify OpenScape®; Broadsoft Cloud One®; OpenFire and virtually any other UC platform.
- Smart Office users can further leverage the UC Exchange services to escalate their federated chat sessions into secure HD-quality voice or video calls without having to install another organization’s client or move to unsecure public services in order to collaborate.
- Service Providers leveraging GENBAND-powered networks can offer the NextPlane service to their hosted customers while enterprises or Nuvia Cloud UC users can acquire the service to extend collaboration services to their business partners and peer communities.
GENBAND is a global leader in real time communications software solutions for service providers, enterprises, independent software vendors, systems integrators and developers in over 80 countries. The company’s Network Modernization, Unified Communications, Mobility and Embedded Communications solutions enable its customers to quickly capitalize on growing market segments and introduce differentiating products, applications and services. GENBAND’s market-leading solutions, which are deployable in the network, on premise or through the cloud, help its customers connect people to each other and address the growing demands of today’s consumers and businesses for real time communications wherever they happen to be. To learn more visit www.genband.com and visit GENBAND at Booth E521 at UC Expo.
GENBAND, the GENBAND logo and icon and Nuvia are trademarks of GENBAND.
Based in Sunnyvale, CA, NextPlane (www.nextplane.net) is the global leader in providing scalable B2B Collaboration and Federation Services for Unified Communications (UC).
NextPlane UC Exchange is the world’s fastest-growing community of organizations that are transforming their real-time B2B collaboration through UC federation. Using UC Exchange, leading companies and organizations worldwide in financial services, energy, automotive, pharmaceutical, high-tech, mining, legal, media, manufacturing, construction and education are building real-time collaborative business communities.
UC Exchange has over 250 member organizations with 500,000 federated users across more than 1,000 unique corporate domains, processing upwards of 1 billion federated messages each month. The UC Exchange community is powered by a scalable any-to-any UC collaboration service. Whether it is presence, instant messaging, multi-user chat or voice and video calls, employees in member organizations can collaborate instantly with their colleagues in partner organizations regardless of underlying UC platforms.