INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Good things can come to those who wait this holiday. hhgregg (NYSE: HGG) – a leading appliance, electronics and furniture retailer – is offering some of its best deals on ‘must have’ gifts to last-minute holiday shoppers. According to an hhgregg-commissioned survey of 3,500 consumers across the U.S., shoppers are behind on their gift-buying. In fact, the majority of people will wait to finish shopping until the final two weeks before the Christmas holiday. Additionally, hhgregg found that after-Christmas sales are more popular than Black Friday with 59 percent of respondents planning to shop after-Christmas sales this year, outweighing the 47 percent who reportedly planned to shop on Black Friday.
“We know most people are still looking for great gift ideas and deals in the final weeks of the holiday shopping season,” said Dennis May, CEO of hhgregg. “This survey has given us insights into holiday shopping habits and has challenged us to come up with the best last-minute deals to make sure people love the gifts they purchase from hhgregg.”
Holiday Shopping Insights: Procrastination, Deal-Seeking, Shopping List Strategies and Returns:
- The majority of holiday shoppers are procrastinators – 65 percent of them will complete their holiday shopping within the last two weeks before Christmas.
- Free shipping is a driver for online purchases – 70 percent of shoppers are more likely to shop at a retailer offering free shipping during the holidays.
- Post-Christmas savings continue to be attractive with 59 percent of respondents planning to shop after-Christmas sales compared to the 47 percent who reportedly planned to shop Black Friday sales.
- Consumers are making their list and checking it twice – 56 percent of people say they follow their gift list at least somewhat closely when holiday shopping.
- It’s the thought that counts – more than one in five say that their spouse or significant other is the most likely to return the gift they give them this year.
“Some of our greatest holiday deals are still to be had,” added May. “At hhgregg we’re giving away $30,000 worth of LG products on Dec. 16 and offering last-minute deals on hundreds of gifts perfect for everyone on your list. So whether you shop hhgregg online or in stores, we’re promising outstanding savings.”
Last-Minute Holiday Shopping Deals from hhgregg and hhgregg.com:
hhgregg is offering procrastinators some of the best deals and gift ideas of the season through Christmas and beyond. Promotions from hhgregg include:
- hhgregg's Christmas Bonus (Buy More Save More) now through Dec. 20
- A guide to the 25 Gifts of Christmas, www.hhgregg.com/gifts
- LG Sweepstakes Giveaway on Dec. 16, http://www.hhgregg.com/OMLG
- Free shipping on any hhgregg.com purchases from Dec. 18 – 19 with a guaranteed delivery date before Dec. 25
- Last Minute Deals at your local hhgregg Dec. 21 – 24
In addition to deals through the holiday shopping season, hhgregg is giving away $30,000 worth of in-demand LG products on Dec. 16, as part of an online sweepstakes. Starting at 8 a.m. EST on Dec. 16, entrants can go to hhgregg’s Facebook page, www.hhgregg.com/OMLG, or via a mobile form to win one of the following LG products on Dec. 16 only:
- Eight (8) LG 55” 3D Curved OLED Smart HDTV
- Eight (8) LG 49” 4K HD Smart TV
- Eight (8) LG 300-Watt 2.1-Channel Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer
Consumers can enter the contest up to four times on Dec. 16 and three winners will be drawn on the hour, each hour, between the hours of 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST. For complete rules please visit www.hhgregg.com/OMLG.
The hhgregg survey was conducted by Edelman Berland among 3,500 respondents 18 years and older via an online survey in November 2014.
To see more consumer survey results and for details on everything hhgregg is offering this holiday season, visit hhgregg.com. You can also follow hhgregg on Twitter at @hhgregg or Facebook at facebook.com/hhgregg for the latest on holiday deals.
Founded in 1955, Indianapolis-based hhgregg is a multi-regional retailer with 228 brick-and-mortar stores in 20 states. hhgregg's product assortment includes market-leading brands in consumer electronics, home appliances and technology, along with high-quality products for the home. The retailer's online presence (hhgregg.com) and mobile apps (iOS and Android) give consumers nationwide access to global and local lifestyle and home products. hhgregg ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction among the Largest Appliance Retailers” and “Highest Ranked Appliance Retailer Website” in the J.D. Power 2014 Appliance Retailer Satisfaction StudySM. For J.D. Power award information, go to www.jdpower.com. Additionally, hhgregg is recognized as one of Internet Retailer's Top 500 fastest growing retail e-commerce sites in 2014. Find hhgregg on Facebook at facebook.com/hhgregg and on Twitter at @hhgregg.