LEBANON, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Thanksgiving dinner is nearly as treasured for its leftovers as for the feast itself. In fact, wise cooks prepare dishes or place to-go orders with the goal of having food left over. This season, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store®, offers some handcrafted recipes for its Thanksgiving menu items that will turn leftover classic entrees and sides into easy-to-make homestyle meals so you can enjoy a few more bites of the holiday.
See video from Cracker Barrel here: http://inr.synapticdigital.com/CrackerBarrel/Thanksgiving
“Thanksgiving is the busiest day of the year for our restaurants and we expect we’ll serve about 1.4 million meals over the nine day Thanksgiving holiday season,” said Bill Kintzler, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store executive chef. “This year we created recipes to make the most of Thanksgiving leftovers. They include a breakfast casserole, frittata and a turkey, cheddar and apple panini. And for those salad lovers, we created a turkey waldorf salad recipe.”
Cracker Barrel’s Thanksgiving menu and To-Go options are available at all 634 Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® locations:
Join Cracker Barrel in Thanks
Gather around Cracker Barrel’s table to enjoy a festive turkey n’ dressing meal complete with turkey and dressing with gray, a sampling of sugar-cured ham, sweet potato casserole, cranberry relish, buttermilk biscuits or corn muffins, a choice of a country side, a beverage, and a slice of pumpkin pecan streusel pie for dessert, all for 10.99 for adults and 5.99 for children. The child’s meal does not include ham or sweet potato casserole and is served with a half slice of pie. This special Thanksgiving offering is available only on Thursday, Nov. 27, starting at 11 a.m.
Homestyle Made to Take Home
Celebrating with family and friends at home? Get out of the kitchen and spend more time with them, by calling in your order for Cracker Barrel’s Thanksgiving Dinner To-Go. Available from Nov. 22 through Nov. 30, just call at least 24 hours ahead and Cracker Barrel will have everything hot, packed and ready to go. It’s a turkey n’ dressing meal to serve up to six people, complete with gravy, sampling of sugar-cured baked ham, choice of three vegetables, cranberry relish, and your choice of made-from-scratch biscuits, corn muffins or a loaf of sourdough bread for 59.99. Reward those who save room for dessert with freshly baked whole Holiday Pies for 8.99. Choices include: Pumpkin Pecan Streusel (Nov. 27) and Pumpkin Pie (Nov. 22-Nov.30), Apple Pecan Streusel, Chocolate Pecan, Pecan, and All-American Apple Pie.
Thanksgiving Helpful Re-Heating Directions
To savor the most of your Thanksgiving Dinner, here are easy to follow re-heating instructions:
Turkey n’ Gravy with Dressing—Oven instructions
Preheat oven to 300°F.
Cover aluminum pan containing Turkey, Gravy and Dressing, and place into the oven.
For a browned crust, remove the lid for the last 5-10 minutes.
Country Style Vegetables n’ Sides—Microwave instructions
With the lid lightly vented, microwave the sides as 30-45 sec. increments until desired temperature is achieved.
Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes
Breakfast Casserole Use leftover staples of Thanksgiving dinner to make a country-classic breakfast for the whole family. Makes 8 servings.
1 Tbsp. butter
8 slices of Cracker Barrel Sourdough Bread, cubed
3 cups Cracker Barrel Country Ham, diced
½ cup green onion, thinly sliced
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 dozen eggs
2 cups half & half
½ tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
How to Make:
1. Using a 9” x 13” oven-safe pan, grease the bottom with butter.
2. Spread bread cubes evenly in bottom of pan. Top bread with diced Cracker barrel Country Ham, sliced green onion, and then shredded cheddar cheese.
3. In a large bowl, which together eggs, half & half, garlic powder, dry mustard, and salt and pepper until evenly combined.
4. Pour egg mixture evenly over the bread and toppings.
5. Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake casserole covered with foil for 45 minutes.
7. Remove foil and continue baking for 15 minutes, or until cheese if golden brown and center is set.
Frittata Cracker Barrel Sugar-Cured Ham makes a crowd pleaser that brings family and friends together even after the holiday is over. Makes 1 12” frittata, serves 6-8 people.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
4 red potatoes, washed and sliced ¼” thick
½ cup roasted red pepper strips
8 oz. Cracker Barrel Sugar-Cured Ham, cut into strips
1 bunch scallions, washed and diced
1 tsp. rosemary, fresh and finely chopped
1 tsp. oregano, fresh and finely chopped
1 bunch asparagus (cut off and discard bottom 2”; blanch remaining spears)
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
8 oz. pimento cheese
1 dozen eggs
Salt and pepper (to taste)
How to Make:
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Heat olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet (Lodge® Cast Iron Skillet) over medium heat, and add sliced potatoes when hot. Heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally so that the bottom layer has a chance to brown.
3. Cut 1 ½” spears from the top of blanched asparagus and set aside. Dice the remaining blanched asparagus and add to the skillet along with roasted red pepper strips and scallions. Cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Artfully arrange the Cracker Barrel Sugar-Cured Ham and cut asparagus spears on top of red potatoes, roasted red pepper strips, and scallions.
5. Evenly place six large dollops of pimento cheese into skillet.
6. In a large Bowl, whisk together the eggs, rosemary, oregano, and salt and pepper.
7. Gently pour the egg mixture into the skillet, making sure to cover all areas. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese. Continue to cook the mixture in the skillet for 1-2 minutes, or until the edges are set.
8. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the eggs have puffed up and are set in the center (165°F).
9. Carefully remove the frittata from the oven and allow to rest for five minutes before slicing and serving.
Turkey, Cheddar n’ Apple Panini Look forward to more mouthwatering goodness with a sandwich that brings out the best of your Thanksgiving dinner. Makes 1 sandwich.
2 slices sourdough bread
2 slices Cracker Barrel oven-Roasted Turkey
4 slices Granny Smith Apple
2 slices CB Old Country Store™ Bacon, cooked
2 slices cheddar cheese|
2 tsp. butter, softened
How to Make:
1. Preheat panini grill or Lodge® Cast Iron Panini Pan.
2. Spread 1 tsp. butter on each slice of bread.
3. Place one slice, butter side down, on the panini grill or pan.
4. Top with 1 slice cheddar cheese, Sliced Cracker Barrel Oven Roasted Turkey, bacon, apple slices, and second slice of cheddar cheese.
5. Cover with the second slice of bread (butter side up).
6. Press the sandwich for 3-5 minutes until toasted and cheese is melted. If using a skillet, simply toast 3-5 minutes on each side or until bread is golden brown.
7. Serve immediately.
Turkey Waldorf Salad Enjoy all of the feel-good flavors of Thanksgiving miced into this handcrafted country salad. Makes 4 salads.
2 cups hand-torn or 1 cup finely chopped Cracker Barrel Oven roasted turkey
2 small Hone Crisp Apples, washed and cut into 1-1.5” sticks
¾ cup Walnuts, chopped
2 ribs Celery, sliced 3/8”
2/3 cup Newman’s own Lite Raspberry & alnut Dressing
¾ cup Hellmann’s Olive Oil Mayonnaise
1 bunch Red Seedless Grapes, washed
12-16 ounces Spring Mix
8 oz. Colby Jack Cheese Block, cut into small triangle pieces
Croutons: 1 Baguette, sliced diagonally ½” thick; 1 Tbsp Oilve Oil (per 3 slices); Cracker Black Pepper (to taste)
How to Make:
1. Slice Baguette, drizzle with olive oil, garnish with back pepper, and place in oven at 375° to brown. Set aside.
2. Tear 2 cups Cracker Barrel Oven Roasted Turkey Breast into approximately 1” pieces. Finely chop remaining one cup of Turkey.
3. Cut Colby Jack Cheese Block into triangles. Wash grapes and cut into bunches using kitchen shears.
4. Add Apples, Walnuts, and Celery to the Turkey and stir in the Newman’s Dressing and Hellman’s Olive Oil Mayonnaise (add additional dressing or mayo if you prefer your chicken salad to be moister).
5. Add Spring Mix to salad plate. Artfully arrange Cheese, Croutons and Red Grapes. Drizzle Spring Mix with additional dressing if desired.
About Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. provides a friendly home-away-from home in its old country stores and restaurants. Guests are cared for like family while relaxing and enjoying real home-style food and shopping that’s surprisingly unique, genuinely fun and reminiscent of America’s country heritage…all at a fair price. Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. (NASDAQ:CBRL) was established in 1969 in Lebanon, Tennessee and operates 634 company-owned locations in 42 states. For more information, visit crackerbarrel.com.