AMSTERDAM--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TomTom (TOM2) today announced that its navigation technology will be featured in the Uconnect™ infotainment systems in the new Fiat 500X sold in Europe beginning in 2015.
All Uconnect™ systems will be equipped with the new Fiat Uconnect™ LIVE services package, including: TomTom Traffic, TomTom Speed Cameras, TomTom Weather, and TomTom Places. FCA and Accenture have jointly developed the Uconnect™ mobile platform hosting these services.
The new Fiat 500X Uconnect™ Radio Nav system will be equipped with TomTom’s full line of connected navigation technology on every journey. Drivers will benefit from faster routes based on TomTom’s superior routing engine and highly accurate traffic service, which receives over 100 million kilometers of real-time traffic measurements every day.
“We are delighted to extend our relationship with Fiat,” said Jan-Maarten de Vries, VP Automotive, TomTom. “By adding TomTom’s LIVE services and software including accurate traffic information, the latest road closure information and better routes, Fiat empowers drivers with more advanced knowledge of the road ahead, to help make journeys faster.”
Notes to Editors:
TomTom Routes: Millions of TomTom users worldwide voluntarily provide anonymous historical speed-data. TomTom uses this data to calculate the best route based on actual speed data driven on roads, not just posted maximum speed limits.
TomTom LIVE Services:
- Traffic: Using the most up-to-date traffic information, Traffic gets drivers to their destinations faster. Proven.
- Speed Cameras: Mobile and fixed speed camera alerts help drivers avoid fines and stay safe and relaxed on the roads.
- Local search with TomTom Places: Drivers can search for any location, from a local petrol station to a supermarket, and navigate straight there.
- TomTom Weather: Drivers will receive local and five-day forecasts so they can make plans based on the latest weather.
Additional features of the Uconnect™ and Uconnect™ LIVE infotainment system:
- Fiat 500X features award-winning Uconnect™ technology, with both 5-inch and 6.5-inch Radio Nav systems available
- New Uconnect™ LIVE services provide drivers with the ability to use popular apps, including: Internet Radio with Deezer and TuneIn, news with Reuters, social networks with Facebook and Twitter using their smartphone’s data plan. Drivers can put their devices away and control the apps using the Uconnect system’s large touchscreen display.
- Fiat 500X exclusive eco:Drive™, now connected to the cloud for seamless transfer of driving data, allows up to 16% fuel saving and reduces CO2 emissions, helping to learn a sustainable driving habits. Thanks to my:Car with in-car live help, personalized alerts and cloud based historical data, maintenance has never been so easy.
TomTom (TOM2) empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. Best known for being a global leader in navigation and mapping products, TomTom also creates GPS Sport Watches, as well as state-of-the-art fleet management solutions and industry-leading location-based products.
Our business consists of four customer-facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Telematics.
Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4,000 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 41 countries.