WILTON, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SiriusDecisions, the leading global business-to-business (b-to-b) research and advisory firm, today unveiled its inaugural “Predictive Lead Scoring Study”. The first-of-its-kind study examines how data science and statistical methodologies have transformed lead scoring.
Organizations are increasingly applying statistical techniques to identify and prioritize sales prospects. The industry-first study summarizes the capabilities and benefits of utilizing predictive lead scoring solutions and details vendors’ key differentiators.
SiriusDecisions’ research indicated that predictive lead scoring is on the rise, with nearly 14 times more b-to-b organizations currently utilizing predictive lead scoring compared to early 2011. This rapid rise is due to traditional lead scoring systems not providing a clear ROI. Although 68 percent of b-to-b organizations that have implemented MAPs score their leads, only 40 percent of these organizations reported that their sales teams agree or strongly agree that lead scoring adds value.
Key additional findings included:
- Organizations are just beginning to adopt predictive lead scoring: 64 percent of b-to-b organizations surveyed have used predictive lead scoring for less than a year, 24 percent for one to two years, five percent from two to three years and seven percent have used predictive lead scoring for longer than three years.
- Small and medium businesses have embraced predictive lead scoring more than larger businesses: 83 percent of b-to-b organizations using predictive lead scoring have less than $250M in annual revenues. 17 percent of those companies with annual revenues between$251M and $1B use predictive lead scoring.
- The technology industry is ahead of the curve: 78 percent of companies using predictive lead scoring are in the High Tech industry.
- The majority of users find value in predictive lead scoring: 98 percent of respondents say they would purchase predictive lead scoring again.
For more information on the “Predictive Lead Scoring 2014 Study”, contact SiriusDecisions via its website, www.siriusdecisions.com.
“For far too many organizations, traditional lead scoring has been much less useful than hoped,” said Jay Famico, Practice Director Technology at SiriusDecisions. “However, predictive lead scoring can be an enormously powerful tool to focus organizations’ revenue-facing functions’ efforts on leads that are likely to convert. Our new report details the predictive lead scoring landscape, to help b-to-b organizations make more informed choices when selecting tools in this emerging space.”
- For more information on SiriusDecisions’ annual Summit Europe, including its sessions and agenda, click here.
- Learn more about SiriusDecisions signature models and frameworks.
- Connect with SiriusDecisions on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or YouTube.
SiriusDecisions, Predictive Lead Scoring, Marketing Automation Platforms, MAPs, Marketing, Sales, Technology, Summit Europe 2014, Analytics, Lead Nurture, Lead Scoring
SiriusDecisions is the leading global b-to-b research and advisory firm. We deliver the actionable intelligence, transformative frameworks and expert guidance that equip executives to modernize and elevate sales, marketing and product performance.
For more information, visit www.siriusdecisions.com.