The external investors leading this round of funding were Cisco and KDDI from Japan. Additional outside investors include China’s Innovation Works and the personal investment arm of Starwood Capital’s Barry Sternlicht. Moxtra’s round of funding will be used to accelerate the company’s platform development and expand its marketing efforts.
“Moxtra’s vision is to enable a continuous content collaboration experience for the mobile lifestyle. Today’s mobile users juggle multiple fragmented content-centric communications,” said Subrah S. Iyar, co-founder and CEO of Moxtra. “Moxtra V2.0 delivers a rich conversation experience to users by creating continuity and context across content, through powerful interaction capabilities. The commitment from our investors will enable Moxtra to deliver and expand on this promise.”
Moxtra Release 2.0 Now Available on the App Store:
Moxtra’s cloud-based service enables consumers to interact seamlessly, across multiple devices (mobile phone, tablet, laptop) without losing the continuity of interactions. New features include:
- Chat: With Moxtra’s new integrated chat feature, users see available contacts and initiate a multi-party conversation via voice or text. Whether sharing pictures, videos or documents, users have the ability to access a conversation history and narrative at any time.
- Timeline: Users can quickly access the latest updates to their binders and conversations.
- Real-time Updates: Users receive real-time updates of all binder activities, weaved seamlessly into chat conversation.
- Text & Voice Bubbles: Users can insert text, voice bubbles and digital signatures on pages further enriching their content interaction.
- Desktop Sharing: Within Moxtra Meet, users can share desktop screens and view them on the iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac or PC.
- iOS 7: With the new user interface, Moxtra 2.0 mimics iOS 7 with a flat design and allows users to AirDrop files to other iOS 7 devices.
Moxtra 2.0 is now available for free from the App Store for iPad and iPhone. It is also available in beta for Android from the Google Play Store. To learn more about Moxtra, visit: http://www.moxtra.com/.
Moxtra is a Silicon Valley-based technology company focusing on productivity and collaboration solutions - from mobile to desktop, and from consumer to business. Brought to us by the team who brought us WebEx, Moxtra’s first product is a productivity app. The Moxtra app enables users to collect, express and share (in real-time or asynchronously) multimedia content from within cloud-based binders on your mobile devices and desktop computers. For more information, please visit www.moxtra.com.