NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wheels Up, the newly-launched revolutionary membership-based private aviation company that eliminates fixed costs and provides unparalleled flexibility, has named its prestigious Management Team. The announcement was made today by Kenny Dichter, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Wheels Up, along with David Baxt, Co-Founder and President of Wheels Up. Mr. Dichter and Mr. Baxt have assembled an esteemed leadership team with established expertise, further guaranteeing the Company’s inevitable transformation of the private aviation industry.
"The Executive Team that we have assembled possesses the knowledge and innovation needed to effectively launch, develop and ensure the ongoing success of Wheels Up. They are an energetic and dynamic group of business pioneers with whom I’ve had the pleasure of working with throughout my career, and I’m thrilled to have them join David and I in this venture,” said Mr. Dichter. “Together we will build Wheels Up and revolutionize private aviation.”
The Wheels Up Management Team includes:
- Carl Thorsberg, Chief Financial Officer… Mr. Thorsberg has over 25 years of experience providing financial and strategic guidance to both start-up and established operations. He served as the CFO of Marquis Jet from 2002 through 2011.
- Rod Williams, Chief Marketing Officer & President, Wheels Up Canada… Mr. Williams joins Wheels Up from a 25-year career at Bombardier Aerospace, working in a variety of senior management positions with the Company, most recently serving as the Vice President of Marketing for the Business Aircraft division.
- David Kaufman, Chief Operations Officer… Mr. Kaufman brings over 20 years of experience in founding and operating businesses. Most recently, he served ten years as Co-Founder and President of TOURGOLF. Prior to that, Mr. Kaufman was Co-Founder and COO of national restaurant chain, Cosi, Inc.
- Robert Garrymore, President, Ventures… Mr. Garrymore has over 20 years of private jet aviation experience including aircraft management, charter, fractional sales, flight operations, aircraft sales and business finance. Most recently, he served as President of Executive Jet Management (EJM), a NetJets Inc. company.
- Ronald Silverman, Executive Vice President, Ventures… Mr. Silverman was the former Senior Vice President of Aircraft Management Sales and Owner Services at Executive Jet Management (EJM), a NetJets Inc. company. He has sustained innumerable success throughout his career, starting as a dispatcher for a regional airline and followed by 12 years as the President of an Aircraft and Yacht Management Company.
- Dave Hewitt, Executive Vice President, Safety… Mr. Hewitt has over 35 years of aviation experience, including 30 years of involvement in Part 135 operations in operational, technical and executive positions.
- Rob Patris, Executive Vice President, Flight Operations... Mr. Patris most recently served as Vice President of Owner Services at NetJets, where he oversaw a team of 150+ and was responsible for all aspects of the customer service experience.
- Gary Spitalnik, Executive Vice President, Events… Mr. Spitalnik has over 20 years of experience activating and executing major brand events, sponsorships and hospitality programs in the world of sports, entertainment, music, arts, and culture. He served as Senior VP of Events Marketing and Special Projects at Marquis Jet, and subsequently with NetJets.
- Justin Walker, Executive Vice President, Partnerships… Mr. Walker most recently served as Head of Partnerships and Business Development at Inspirato. While with the Company, he created the Member’s Benefit Program and spearheaded partnership acquisition channels and events. Prior to that, Mr. Walker spent five years as Head of U.S. Partnerships at Visa Inc., where he successfully created and managed partnerships with companies such as Hyatt Hotels, Williams Sonoma, Priceline, Chevron and major card issuing financial institutions.
- Terrence Truta, Chief Technology Officer… Mr. Truta has 15 years of experience working as a technology leader in pioneering entrepreneurial environments. Most recently, he served as CTO of Marquis Jet, where he designed and developed the Marquis Aircraft Reservation System (MARS).
- Robert Withers, Executive Vice President… Mr. Withers has over 10 years of experience in sales and management in the private aviation industry. Most recently, he served as Vice President of Sports Marketing at Marquis Jet, where he was responsible for over $100 million in sales in the sports and entertainment industries.
- Craig Blumenthal, Executive Vice President, Special Projects… Mr. Blumenthal has over 25 years of aviation and aerospace experience, with a diverse mix of both corporate and commercial airlines. Most recently, he served as Director of Aviation Programs for Discovery Land Company. He is an FAA-certified airline transport pilot with over 16,000 hours of flight time.
- David Blechman, Executive Vice President… Mr. Blechman comes from the world of finance where he spent over five years with Cantor Fitzgerald on its equities trading desk. Prior to that, he was a Principal and CEO of an international wholesale textile company, with revenues of over $50 million.
- Todd Olson, Executive Vice President… Mr. Olson has 20 years of experience as a private investor and entrepreneur. He has deep experience in real estate, commodities, healthcare and personal products, technology and film.
- Shoshana Dichter, Senior Vice President, Communications… Ms. Dichter has over 20 years of experience in the public relations and marketing communications industries. She previously served as Senior Vice President at Maury Rogoff Public Relations, and currently sits on the Board of Trustees for The School of Journalism and Mass Communications at The University of Wisconsin-Madison.
For more information, please visit the Wheels Up website (www.WheelsUp.com)
About Wheels Up
Wheels Up is a revolutionary membership-based private aviation company that eliminates fixed costs and provides unparalleled flexibility created and led by Kenny Dichter, the Founder of Marquis Jet and innovator of the first 25-hour fractional jet card. Wheels Up has developed proprietary cutting-edge applications and offers unrivaled personalized service, providing members with a unique high-tech and high-touch experience. With a modest initiation fee and reasonable annual dues, Wheels Up is designed to appeal to individuals and corporations currently flying privately. With an 8,760-hour culture (referencing the number of hours in a year), Wheels Up membership includes Wheels Down, a corresponding lifestyle concierge service engaging members through exclusive offerings such as special programs around major sporting events, intimate concerts, culinary experiences and opportunities to meet luminaries from the worlds of entertainment, politics and business.
Wheels Up will act as agent for the Wheels Up members, and is not the operator of the program aircraft; FAA licensed and DOT registered air carriers participating in the program will exercise full operational control of the program aircraft. Any aircraft owned by Wheels Up will be dry leased to the operating air carrier to facilitate operations by that carrier. For additional information, please visit www.WheelsUp.com.