LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Grant Thornton today announced expansion in Luxembourg, the Netherlands, the Eastern Caribbean, Canada and the UK, following on earlier 2013 expansion in South Africa, Indonesia, Senegal and Italy.
In Luxembourg, Grant Thornton merged with PKF, effectively doubling the size of the Grant Thornton presence in the country.
In the Netherlands, consulting firm ConQuaestor joined Grant Thornton, bringing strategic and organisational solutions in the private and public sectors. The addition is seen as a very strategic move for the firm in offering a wider range of quality advisory services that will be delivered by a team of 400 specialist consultants based in Utrecht.
The two top-ranked firms from the PricewaterhouseCoopers Eastern Caribbean group joined Grant Thornton and will serve clients in all nine countries that comprise the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States.
Breakwater Accounting Advisors LLP joined Grant Thornton Canada and provides exceptional service in the areas of financial reporting; governance, risk and compliance; and anti-fraud/anti-corruption to both public/private companies and public sector entities.
In the UK, the financial services advisory arm of Navigant joined Grant Thornton, bringing a 45-strong team including three partners and nine directors, with a focus on ‘challenger banks' - new entrants to the retail banking space.
Earlier 2013 Grant Thornton M&A activity:
- PKF Johannesburg merged with Grant Thornton Johannesburg, doubling that office size to more than 500 professionals
- Grant Thornton Indonesia agreed to a strategic alliance with PT GNV Consulting Services, increasing strength and capabilities in Indonesia.
- Grant Thornton Senegal merged with Excellence Consulting Group, strengthening the firm's advisory capabilities and further establishing their position as a leader in the local market.
- Grant Thornton South Africa merged with Fintis and Rebahale to create an enhanced service offering for clients in the South African professional services industry.
- Ria Grant Thornton (Italy) merged with TickMark, formerly with the Moore Stephens network. The merger increases the geographic coverage of the firm, adding offices in Bergamo and Novara.
Grant Thornton was named International Accounting Bulletin’s 2013 Network of the Year, largely based on leading the major global accounting organisations with growth of 10.4%, as well as strong thought leadership in the profession on critical global accounting issues.