PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Clutch, the mobile commerce company, today unveiled the first unified shopping application for Android users. Available as a free download in the Google Play store, Clutch eliminates the need for multiple mobile shopping apps. In conjunction with the app launch, the company is also introducing its Clutch Rewards program. Now, users can easily earn Clutch Rewards Points each time they use the app to load cards, shop, refer friends and more. These points can be redeemed for gift cards within the Clutch app.
Millions of US shoppers reach for their smartphones as the first place to discover and shop for products. In fact, according to eMarketer, US consumers will spend $37.44 billion in 2013 on retail purchases made via smartphones and tablets, up from $23.72 billion last year. Clutch has designed the first Android application to meet the needs of these mobile shoppers, uniting product discovery, shopping and gifting in one app. Now, Clutch users can load their cards into their mobile wallet and go shopping.
Notable features in Clutch for Android include:
- Mobile Wallet – Consumers can keep all their cards in one place with the Clutch mobile wallet. Users can add credit, debit, loyalty and gift cards, as well as coupons and other card types, such as library and membership cards. Cards and coupons can now be added simply by snapping a photo. Clutch stores the important information in the mobile wallet for later use.
- Compare & Shop – Consumers can get the best deals on the products they want by using Clutch’s price comparison shopping tools. Clutch alerts users of the lowest prices online and at nearby stores.
- Nearby Deals – Find the best deals at nearby stores. The Clutch app enables users to search for promotions and specials at stores within a certain proximity and will also notify them whenever they are near any retailer for which they have a gift card stored in the app’s mobile wallet.
- Shopping Feed – New to Clutch for Android, the shopping feed lets users explore and discover just as they would while window shopping. The more shopping activity users engage in, the smarter and more personalized the feed becomes. Feeds are populated by following people with similar interests and taste. In addition, the app’s recommendation engine will present items that are likely to be of interest, as well as popular and trending items.
- Collections – Build collections of products and follow others’ collection boards. Clutch enables users to like and add other people’s items to their own collections, and even add comments.
“With the digital world increasingly being accessed through smartphones, we wanted to give mobile shoppers all the tools they need to discover and shop for products from within a single app,” said Andy O’Dell, co-founder and chief commercial officer at Clutch. “As an extension of our iOS version, this new app is even smarter, learning individual user behavior, tastes and preferences. Now, the more you use Clutch, the smarter – and more valuable – it becomes.”
The Clutch app can be downloaded in the Google Play store beginning today. An update to Clutch’s existing iPhone application will be available in the coming months.
Clutch will be demonstrating the Android application at this week’s Mobile Wallet Wars conference in New York. For more information, please contact Clutch@famapr.com.
Clutch provides the only mobile platform that unites shopping, loyalty and gifting, delivering the most relevant offers to consumers and the most targeted customers to merchants. With its proprietary recommendation engine, the Clutch mobile app enables consumers to get the best deals, give the best gifts, and share it all with their friends and family in a single place. For more information, please visit www.clutch.com, follow Clutch on Twitter @ClutchShopping or like Clutch on Facebook.