SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Weebly, a global service that lets everyone create a high-quality site they are proud to share, today reveals an all new service and product advancements including the first interactive Site Planner to help people get ideas and inspiration and think through the vision for their site; a surprisingly easy and powerful new HTML5 Site Creator that offers modern themes and ready-made building blocks to help people quickly customize and design a unique site; industry-first mobile editing capabilities that let people customize how their site looks to work effectively across the computer, phone and tablet; and the global availability of the Weebly Android App for people to post and manage their site or blog on the go.
In addition, Weebly has experienced significant global growth with more than 100 million unique visitors now going to over 15 million Weebly sites each month.
“Our vision is to encourage millions of people to take their dreams and make them real. The new service we are releasing today gives entrepreneurs even more freedom to take the leap and start something of their own,” said David Rusenko, CEO and Co-Founder of Weebly. “Whether people want to do business or sell things online, reach new people and be found, showcase their achievements, or communicate with their friends or family, Weebly is the best way for them to create a high-quality site that meets their goals.”
“This past year we surveyed millions of consumers and learned that 56% do not trust a business without a site, and yet 58% of businesses still don’t have one,” said Dan Veltri, Chief Product Officer and Co-Founder at Weebly. “We also learned that entrepreneurs find the prospect of creating a site daunting and struggle to come up with a plan to bring their vision to life. After six months of extensive research and development, we are thrilled to launch an all new service that makes it surprisingly easy for everyone to create a unique site they are proud to share.”
New Product Advancements
- The new Weebly Site Planner will offer people ideas and inspiration to help them plan for and think through the vision for their site. It will offer a step by step, interactive guide to help people identify their goals, organize and layout their pages, offer inspiration and examples, and tips to help people grow and promote their site.
- The new, powerful HTML5 Site Creator offers people a surprisingly easy way to bring their site to life. Even if people haven’t built a site before (55% of people who come to Weebly fit this profile), Weebly will help them take the leap and make it happen. A distinct theme design, quality photos and videos, and thoughtful text can make all the difference.
- The new mobile site editing is the first offering of its kind that lets people customize how their site looks for visitors on computers, phones or tablets. People can create a separate design for their mobile site using a distinct theme and edit their site in the mobile view. As they are creating their site they can swap between different views to see how it looks on Android or iPhone.
- The new Weebly Android App has everything people need to keep up with their blog and site from anywhere. People can create blog posts on the go with drag & drop mobile blogging, they can easily add photos and text to their blog, share blog posts to Facebook & Twitter with one click, receive push notifications, instantly respond to blog comments & form entries, and check their site stats anytime.
“For the first time, entrepreneurs around the world have a single place where they can easily start a site that works brilliantly across computers, phones and tablets,” said Roelof Botha, partner at Sequoia Capital who led Sequoia's investments in YouTube, Square, Tumblr and more. “We believe demand for Weebly's easy and affordable site creation service will continue to grow exponentially.”
How Weebly Works
Signing up for Weebly is easy. Just choose a theme, pick your site address and sign up for Weebly’s free service or pick one of the premium plans starting at $4 per month for the most powerful professional and multimedia features. Then make your vision come to life:
1. Weebly has everything you need to plan your site with Site Planner. We’ll help you think it through, offer ideas and inspiration and show you how to organize and design your pages.
2. Creating your site is surprisingly easy with our powerful Site Creator. Whether you are a beginner or a pro, our modern themes and ready-made building blocks let you quickly layout your pages, add text and images and customize the design to find right look for your site.
3. Publish your site to the address of your choice with a single click and start seeing results. We take care of all the details--including making sure your site looks great everywhere--on laptops, phones and tablets.
4. Track and measure your success from your own reporting dashboard with Site Analytics. We ensure that search engines like Google, Yahoo! and Bing can easily find you. Plus, our easy-to-follow guide is full of tips to help you get your site highly ranked.
Story of Weebly
In 2006, David Rusenko, Dan Veltri and Chris Fanini founded Weebly while they were students at Penn State University. David recognized his friends wanted to put their resumes online to showcase their work for a job interview and found it extremely difficult. They didn’t know how to code and could not afford to hire a professional designer but still needed to create something that would help them stand out.
David, Dan and Chris then teamed up to build Weebly, the first consumer service that allowed everyone to easily and affordably create a site. They picked an unassuming, light-hearted name that is meant to reflect the ease with which people can create a unique site. Today, Weebly has helped millions of people, artists, business owners, teachers, and more start something that is uniquely their own.
Based in San Francisco, Weebly is a consumer service that lets millions of people easily create a unique site they are proud to share. People can start their own business, showcase their achievements, and communicate with visitors in a thoughtful and lasting way. Weebly gives everyone the freedom to build a high-quality site that works brilliantly across computers, phones and tablets. Weebly offers a range of pricing options, including a free plan and premium plans starting at $4/month. More than 100 million unique visitors are now going to over 15 million Weebly sites monthly. Weebly is privately funded by Sequoia Capital, Baseline Ventures, Ron Conway, and Y Combinator.
Visit www.weebly.com/press to find:
- Press release
- Infographic: “Power of Sites in 2013” – http://www.weebly.com/power-of-sites
- Fact sheet
- Founder photos and story
- Logos, screenshots and images