GULF BREEZE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AppRiver, a leading provider of email messaging and Web security solutions, today announced the launch of its secure email app for Apple and Android mobile devices. The CipherPost Pro™ App lets companies extend AppRiver’s powerful cloud-based encryption service to any iPhone, iPad or Android device at no additional charge.
AppRiver’s CipherPost Pro for Apple and Android allows users to create, read, track and reply to encrypted messages on any smartphone or tablet. As a cloud-based native solution, the app requires no enterprise installation while still ensuring global administrative control and enforcement of compliance policies. No private data is stored on devices using the app, so confidential information is well protected in the event the device is lost or stolen.
"Leaving your home or office shouldn't mean leaving your email security behind," said Michael Murdoch, AppRiver's CEO & President. "As more and more people rely on mobile devices for their business communications, these apps will make sure their sensitive data stays protected."
Key Features of the new CipherPost Pro App include:
- Compose and Track New Messages on the Go: Mobile users can access, compose and send encrypted messages on the go, enabling truly anytime, anywhere secure communication and collaboration.
- Real-Time Message Tracking and Recall: Using CipherPost Pro’s patented ‘Delivery Slip’, the app allows users to track the receipt of secure messages in real-time, see if messages have been read, forwarded, printed or deleted, or even recall a message even after it has been read.
- Native Device App Integration: As a native solution, the app lets iOS and Android users enjoy their familiar phone features and experience while optimizing battery life and bandwidth.
- MDM Integration: Ideal for organizations and partners that embrace BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), the app can be deployed through MDM (Mobile Device Management) systems without requiring enterprise-level installation of software or hardware. Policy administrators can globally manage compliance policies on any device.
- Data Loss Protection: As a cloud-based app, all messaging data is protected in the cloud, never stored on the device. Access to the app can be remotely enabled or disabled in the event a device is lost or stolen, additionally protecting the user’s secure account against unauthorized access.
- Compliance Features: Regulations such as HIPAA, PSQIA, PCI DSS, Sarbanes-Oxley, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, FINRA Rule 8210, NHS security policy and many others specify strict requirements for the protection of confidential and personally identifiable information (PII). These regulations include clear guidelines for protecting such information during transportation and storage. The CipherPost Pro App helps maintain compliance on company-issued or personal smartphones and tablets, reducing the risk of data leakage with minimal administrative effort and technical impact. In the “Bring Your Own Device” era, such protection is increasingly important.
About AppRiver’s CipherPost Pro
CipherPost Pro is a simple-to-use cloud solution for email and file sharing that enables users to send, track and receive secure email and attachments on any device, anytime, anywhere. Seamlessly integrating with any email infrastructure, CipherPost Pro requires no hardware or software installation. Internal and external recipients do not need any plug-ins or other software to view encrypted messages.
AppRiver is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider offering award-winning email and Web security solutions to businesses of all sizes. Understanding the need to protect networks from today's increasingly complex IT threats, AppRiver offers businesses a comprehensive, yet affordable subscription-based solution that incorporates the latest spam and virus protection, email encryption and Web security on the market. In addition, the company provides a complete managed service for Microsoft Exchange, as well as a bundled Office 365 solution. Since its inception, AppRiver has sustained an impressive 93% customer retention rate while growing its customer base to more than 45,000 companies and over 8 million mailboxes worldwide. The company maintains offices in Florida, New York and Switzerland, and is led by an Ernst & Young Florida Entrepreneur of the Year award winner. For more information, please visit www.appriver.com.