BREMEN, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Harold Shedd has spent most of his life making sure the spotlight shined on his clients, which included artists he discovered and/or produced such as the band Alabama, Toby Keith, Mel Tillis, Shania Twain, Reba McEntire, Billy Ray Cyrus and more. On Thursday, August 23, the focus will be on Shedd, one of country music’s most successful industry executives and producer.
Most of the day’s events will be held at Mill Town Music Hall (1031 Alabama Avenue, Bremen, GA 30110), a venue that hosts quality, wholesome entertainment in West Georgia. Proceeds from the Harold Shedd Tribute concert will support a Music Business student scholarship at Kennesaw State University and the Tanner Medical Foundation’s Music Therapy Program.
The day’s events will include:
- GDOT Highway Re-naming Ceremony at CERTUS BANK on Highway 27 (10 a.m.) PUBLIC INVITATION – A section of US Highway 27, through Haralson County to Harold Shedd Highway, will be renamed at an event supported by Representative Kevin Cooke and the Haralson County Board of Commissioners, as well as other elected officials. This event will be sponsored and hosted by CertusBank (102 Stonebridge Blvd, Bremen).
- Red Carpet Walk (4 - 7 p.m.) PUBLIC INVITATION at Mill Town Music Hall – The public is encouraged to meet the celebrity attendees as they walk down the red-carpet in front of Mill Town Music Hall.
- Harold Shedd Tribute at Mill Town Music Hall (7 p.m.) – Hosted by radio legend Rhubarb Jones. Confirmed performers include members of Alabama, Mel Tillis, John Berry, Harold McWhorter, Billy Ray Cyrus, Doug Stone and more, as well as appearances by friends such as Ronny Cox, actor and NFL and Collegiate Coach Barry Switzer. In addition, the president of the National Songwriters Association will present a commemorative video
- Harold Shedd ‘Music Mill Gallery’ (7:15 p.m.) – Unveiling of plans for a partnership with the City of Bremen to serve as the home for Shedd’s memorabilia from 50 years in the music business, as well as a celebration of other musical talents from Georgia.
- City of Bremen Mayor, Sharon Sewell, will present a surprise recognition.
About Harold Shedd
Born in Buchanan and raised in Bremen, GA, Shedd played in a local band and served as a disc jockey for 14 years prior to moving to Nashville. In 1979, he was instrumental in signing Alabama for RCA and then produced 21 consecutive number one hits for the band. He also produced albums for Mel Tillis, Louise Mandrell, Glen Campbell and Reba McEntire. In 1988, Shedd joined Mercury Polygram Records Nashville, where during the next six years he oversaw the signing of Kentucky Headhunters, Shania Twain, Billy Ray Cyrus, Toby Keith and Kathy Mattea. Shedd was inducted into the Georgia Music Hall of Fame in 1989.
Sponsors include but are not limited to Tanner Health System, Carroll EMC, RK Redding Construction, Graddick Communications, Pioneer Ford, Southeastern Hose and more.
Mill Town Music Hall event tickets are available at the Mill Town Music Hall Box Office, via www.MillTownMusicHall.com or on the phone at 770-537-6455.