SOUTHBOROUGH, Mass. & DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Globoforce® (www.globoforce.com), the world’s leading provider of employee recognition solutions, today announced the results of its latest Globoforce Workforce Mood Tracker™, a semi-annual survey* that provides insight on the current mood and perspectives of U.S. workers. According to the Spring 2012 survey, although employee recognition programs and satisfaction levels for U.S. workers are on the rise, 55 percent of respondents would still leave their jobs for a company that clearly recognized employees for their efforts. To download the full report, visit: http://www.globoforce.com/mood-tracker-spring-2012-report.
The six-month trends in the Spring 2012 Globoforce Workforce Mood Tracker reconfirm the importance of connecting frequent recognition with performance and shows marked improvement in U.S. employees’ opinion of company culture and job satisfaction. In comparison to the Fall 2011 Workforce Mood Tracker, the latest survey findings support a growing focus on recognition:
- Fifty percent of employees were recognized in the past three months, up from 44 percent in Fall 2011
- Eighty-one percent of employees said receiving recognition made them more satisfied with their work and/or position in the company, up from 73 percent in Fall 2011
- Fifty-four percent were satisfied with the level of recognition for doing a good job, up from 48 percent in Fall 2011
In addition to being more satisfied with recognition, the survey results also indicate a direct correlation between recognition and retention. Of those respondents who have been recognized in the past three months versus those who have never been recognized in their job, the survey finds:
- Twenty-three percent plan to search for a new job compared to 51 percent of those who have never been recognized
- Eighty-nine percent feel appreciated at their job, compared to 17 percent of those never recognized
- Eighty-three percent are satisfied with the level of recognition compared to 17 percent of those never recognized
- Ninety percent feel their manager effectively acknowledges and appreciates them, compared to 21 percent of those never recognized
- Seventy-six percent love their job, compared to 37 percent of those never recognized
“Companies know what they need to do to impact the bottom line – keep top employees and keep them engaged and focused on common goals,” said Eric Mosley, CEO of Globoforce. “Yet, as this survey shows, many fail to connect the one thing that all employees seek: frequent, peer-to-peer recognition tied to performance. Taking the bottom-up approach to recognition is changing the way employees are managed. Not only will business leaders know who the flight risks are, they will be able to prevent many from ever becoming flight risks.”
For more information on how to benefit from recognition done right and create a more productive, motivated and engaged workforce, visit www.globoforce.com or go to http://globoforce.com/free_book_chapter to read the book, Winning with a Culture of Recognition by Eric Mosley and Derek Irvine.
* The Globoforce Workforce Mood Tracker study was commissioned by Globoforce and conducted on March 16-18 by independent market research firm MarketTools, Inc., through an online panel of fully employed persons (age 18 or older) at companies with 500+ employees in the United States. There were 653 responses generated for the survey, resulting in a margin of error of +/- 3.9 percentage points at the 95 percent level of confidence. To download this latest report, visit: http://www.globoforce.com/mood-tracker-spring-2012-report.
Founded in 1999, Globoforce is the world’s leading provider of employee recognition solutions. Through its social, mobile, and global technology, Globoforce helps HR and business leaders elevate employee engagement, increase employee retention, manage company culture, and discover actionable insight about their talent. Today, employees across the world are living their company values and achieving peak performance through the SaaS-based Globoforce platform. A private corporation, Globoforce is co-headquartered in Southborough, Massachusetts, and Dublin, Ireland.
To learn more:
- Visit: http://www.globoforce.com
- Read: http://globoforce.com/globoblog