NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Neuberger Berman Group LLC, one of the world’s leading employee-owned money managers, marks the third anniversary of its return to its roots as an independent company by kicking off its annual “Celebration with Service” program. The week-long community service initiative runs April 27 to May 4 with more than 850 Neuberger Berman employees participating in nearly 50 projects around the world in cities including New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
As in years past, projects include painting schools, preparing meals for the homeless, beautifying public parks, celebrating spring with senior citizens, reading with young children, providing career guidance to high school students, and more.
George Walker, CEO and Chairman of Neuberger Berman said, “I’m proud to say that this year marks our largest-ever employee volunteer enrollment. Noteworthy community organizations are now approaching us to get involved with our annual ‘Celebration with Service’. We value this recognition of Neuberger’s high quality philanthropic programs and for the talent and dedication of our volunteers.”
Celebration with Service events complement the mission of the Neuberger Berman Foundation, which is committed to helping at-risk children and youth achieve their potential through educational enrichment and support programs that promote academic success, independence and economic sustainability. Neuberger Berman partners with organizations that provide programs to:
- Ensure that young children receive essential school readiness and educational enrichment opportunities.
- Help older youth on their path to economic independence through programs such as job readiness, college preparedness and financial literacy training.
Celebration with Service both supports the Foundation’s mission and provides additional community service opportunities, extending the effectiveness of grant-making by leveraging the time and talent of Neuberger Berman employees in cities where Neuberger Berman has a significant employee presence.
Of the nearly 50 projects happening this year, select highlights include:
- New York, Celebrate Earth Day with Harlem Children’s Zone (www.hcz.org), April 27: More than 50 volunteers will help 1st and 2nd grade students beautify their school yard by re-soiling trees, planting flowers and putting fencing up around the trees and flowers.
- Chicago, Interview Skills and Leadership Development with the Youth of UMOJA (www.umojacorporation.org), May 3: Volunteers will work with local high school students on mock interviews, goal setting and other team building activities.
- Dallas, Sorting Food Donations at North Texas Food Bank (www.ntfb.org), May 1: Volunteers will sort food donations and assemble bags of food for the Food 4 Kids backpack program.
- London, Redecorating a YMCA hostel for families in housing need, May 9 and 10: Along with Southwark Habitat for Humanity (www.habitatforhumanity.org.uk), volunteers will help revitalize the hostel.
For information on the Neuberger Berman Foundation and Celebration with Service, please visit https://www.nb.com/corporate_social_responsibility/.
About Neuberger Berman
Neuberger Berman is a private, independent, employee-controlled investment manager. It partners with institutions, advisors and individuals throughout the world to customize solutions that address their needs for income, growth and capital preservation. With more than 1,700 professionals focused exclusively on asset management, it offers an investment culture of independent thinking. Founded in 1939, the company provides solutions across equities, fixed income, hedge funds and private equity, and had $199 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2012. For more information, please visit our website at www.nb.com.