AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Spiceworks™, Inc. today announced the release of a new version of the Spiceworks mobile application for the Android platform. The latest update of Spiceworks Mobile allows 1.5 million IT pros to connect with peers, access the help desk, and manage their IT networks – all from their Android mobile devices. Spiceworks Mobile for Android can be downloaded from the Android Market at https://market.android.com/details?id=com.spiceworks.
“By bringing Spiceworks to both the Android and iPhone mobile platforms, we’re making it easier for nearly every small business IT pro to support and keep tabs on their networks no matter where they are,” said Francis Sullivan, co-founder and CTO of Spiceworks. “It’s another example of how we’re working with our 1.5 million users to find new and better ways to help them manage everything IT.”
Key features of Spiceworks Mobile include:
- Help Desk – allows IT pros to open, access, edit and manage Spiceworks help desk tickets from their Android mobile device or iPhone.
- Inventory & Monitoring – enables users to view the status of their servers, software applications and cloud services. As a result, IT professionals on the go can stay informed about the health of important network services and devices.
- People View – allows IT pros to access employee contact information from Spiceworks. In addition, they can easily upload employee photos taken with their Android mobile device or iPhone to their Spiceworks user profiles.
- Community of IT Pros – gives users a way to view posts, answer questions, ask for help, and comment on topics that spark their interests from the Spiceworks community of IT pros – all from their Android mobile device or iPhone.
- Low Bandwidth Requirements – because this is a native application, the amount of data sent between the mobile app and Spiceworks is very lean, which means it performs well over a VPN or 3G mobile network.
“Spiceworks Mobile allows me to remove the leash off of the desktop,” said Uriah Heise, Systems Administrator for Defense Research Associates. “With Spiceworks on my Android phone, I can keep my eyes on the entire infrastructure from any place at any time.”
The Spiceworks social business network for IT combines free network management, network monitoring and help desk software with a rapidly growing and active Facebook-like community of IT professionals. More than 1.5 million IT pros use Spiceworks to discover, buy and manage $252 billion worth of technology products and services each year. Over 200 top technology providers, including Microsoft, Google, Dell and Intel, use Spiceworks to connect directly with IT buyers.
More information on Spiceworks can be found at http://www.spiceworks.com. Follow Spiceworks on Twitter: http://twitter.com/spiceworks. Connect with Spiceworks on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Spiceworks. Search for available career and networking opportunities on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/companies/spiceworks.
Founded in 2006, Spiceworks™ is the world’s largest and fastest growing social business network for IT. By combining free IT management software with a Facebook-like community, Spiceworks helps over 1.5 million IT professionals to discover, buy and manage $252 billion worth of technology products and services each year. Spiceworks is headquartered in Austin, Texas and backed by Adams Street Partners, Tenaya Capital, Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), Austin Ventures and Shasta Ventures. For more information visit http://www.spiceworks.com.
Spiceworks is a trademark and Voice of IT is a registered trademark of Spiceworks, Inc. All other names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.