LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Russell Armstrong and Crescent Financial Partners, Inc., a private equity merchant banking firm that provides a range of services for early stage and middle market companies, have been retained by LifeGen, Inc. The neurotechnology company, widely respected for over fifty years for its research on both the genetic and pharmacologic influences of many health concerns, has retained Crescent Financial Partners to assist with the commercial launch of a genetic guided natural dopaminergic activator that helps support healthy cravings while enhancing brain functions.
LifeGen’s Chairman of the Board and Chief Scientific Officer, Dr. Kenneth Blum, is highly respected in the medical community and is considered the father of the field of Psychiatric Genetics. He is the lead author credited with the discovery of the first gene associated with severe alcoholism and all addictive behaviors, and his seminal paper regarding this discovery was published in JAMA.
“The future for LifeGen is very bright,” remarked Russell Armstrong. “It is projected that within the next five years of operations LifeGen’s technology will be adopted as the ‘standard of care’ in the treatment of addiction.”
Added B. William Downs, a twenty-five year veteran of the nutraceutical industry, President and CEO of LifeGen, Inc: “The unprecedented combination of LifeGen’s patented and patents-pending dopamine agonist technology, patented Genetic Addiction Risk Score (GARS) test, proprietary science-based protection of branded ingredients, and finished formulas enables diversified channel specific brand distribution of the company’s technologies. This strategy will greatly expand not only the usability of the company’s novel platform technology to the benefit of its customers and consumers alike, but will enhance acceptance in the addiction marketplace.”
To date, LifeGen has achieved a number of milestones that places them at the forefront of the “neurotechnology” industrial space including:
- Proof of concept with clinical trial data, publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals, customer’s retention, revenues, and operations.
- Patent protections on proprietary products in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Unique products in tremendous growth markets –addiction, weight/obesity, brain health, and general nutrition.
- Diversified brands and channel distribution with strong market alliances.
- Experienced management team with renowned scientist and executives with successful track records in nutraceutical industrial and medical device space.
- Focused pragmatic business plan centered on three niche markets (neurogenetics diagnosis; Nutrigenomic solutions and personalized medicine).
- By 2015 profits could reach north of $100 Million.
- Due to the huge niche market potential and an extensive patent portfolio worldwide the company anticipates a Wall Street evaluation of the Company to be valued as high as 20 times EBITDA or over 1 Billion.
“This is a unique partnership for our firm because of the niche market opportunity afforded by LifeGen’s breakthrough neuroadaptogen technology,” continued Russell Armstrong. “This novel liposomal based technology has not only been shown to support healthy cravings and enhance energy, reduce stress, and promote optimal brain health, but is also protected by a strong worldwide patent portfolio.”
About Crescent Financial Partners, Inc. (CFP)
Los Angeles-based Crescent Financial Partners, Inc. is a private equity merchant banking firm, focused on early stage and middle market opportunities. CFP is a principal investor, providing project and growth funding, business development expertise, and strategic and financial guidance.